Windows 10: saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme

Discus and support saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; would like to save current slide show am using on desktop as a theme that can transfer to other computers. Am using windows 10 which is updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YuiNatsuo, Jul 17, 2018.

1. YuiNatsuo Win User

saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme

would like to save current slide show am using on desktop as a theme that can transfer to other computers. Am using windows 10 which is updated regularly, Cannot find the save button and when click on custom themes there is only one image when actually there is a lot more.

:)

YuiNatsuo, Jul 17, 2018

2. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Cannot locate folder with pics that constitute my desktop slideshow theme

Settings -> Personalization -> Background

Gives you the option of selecting Picture, Solid Color, or
    Slideshow in the drop-list. If you select Slideshow, you can then browse to select a folder as the source for your slideshow.

When you have things set the way you want, then use Themes to save your settings which will show as the selected theme with the caption
    Unsaved Theme. Click the barely visible link to the right labeled
    'Save theme'

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jul 17, 2018
  4. saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme

How can I access folder where Theme slideshows are stored?

Hi Antonio,

I will certainly help you in changing the desktop personalization on Windows 10.

The location of theme folder is:

C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Note: The directory AppData is a hidden directory. To see it, at the top of File Explorer, click on View. On the far right, click Options>View and choose Show hidden files and folders.

You can personalize the desktop background and save the theme by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Logo + I Keys
    • Click on Personalization and then click on Background on the left side panel of the Window
    • Click on the dropdown under Background and select Slideshow.
    • Browse the pictures of your choice under Choose albums for your slideshow.
    • Go to control panel, click on view by and select Large Icons.
    • Select Personalization and click on Save theme under
      My Themes to save.
    Kindly get back to us if you find any difficulty in changing Windows Theme. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme

1. saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme - Similar Threads - saving current slideshow

2. Desktop Themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Themes: So I got a desktop thru SNAP Benefits and PCs for People. It is a great program and has helped myself and many others get a decent home computer for a discounted price. I am greatly appreciative of this I want to say but.....Why am I not able to change my theme or backround??...
  3. Program to create a save state of current desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program to create a save state of current desktop: A friend of mine likes to use separate desktops for work and play (the ones you can access using win+tab). However, since he doesn't have a great PC, he was having performance issues that probably had something to do with his RAM usage being too high as a result of having...
  4. Problem Saving Theme

Problem Saving Theme: I can't keep my own theme which is from an earlier version of Win 10. I can't save same theme and I always receive the following message: "Use custom theme". Please advise how to solve same issue John [Original Title: THEMES in settings]...
  5. Wallpaper Slideshow Themes

Wallpaper Slideshow Themes: For those who have a wallpaper slideshow themes, what is your theme? My current one, which I've have for the past four years, is slideshow of 2,000+ high-res artworks from major artists from western civilization, curated from Wikimedia Commons and elsewhere and meticulously...
  6. save a theme error

save a theme error: what happens if I press save in the "save a theme" error. will it run a virus on my computer? was it good to choose save? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-theme-error/3a1e04bd-278e-48e9-880f-a612f22ba280
  7. Cannot Save Theme

Cannot Save Theme: Hello, I've encountered problem when i try to name theme from "Save Theme" it suddenly disappear,so it prevent me from saving the theme. Any help will be appreciated, thank you...
  8. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...
  9. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  10. Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable

Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable: I created a new theme and added a slideshow background. It worked fine. I then wanted to create a new theme with a different folder. No matter how I attempt to create that new theme, ie. many different starting points, the folder from the original theme seems to be locked in....