Windows 10: Saving the esd file

Discus and support Saving the esd file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi When Windows 10 downloads a new build from Windows Update, how can I save the esd file to create an installation DVD running on each computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Jul 27, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Saving the esd file

Hi

When Windows 10 downloads a new build from Windows Update, how can I save the esd file to create an installation DVD running on each computer?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Jul 27, 2015
  2. x osn Win User

Windows 10 create your own installation media

You will need to decrypt the Windows 10 ESD file which is located w/in the following folder

C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd

upon your hard disk & convert it from an esd file back in to an ISO file using an ESD to ISO decrypter for your Windows 10 installation which can be saved to a safe place upon your PC!

Windows 10 Forums> "ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File">

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/esd-to-iso-create-bootable-iso-from-windows-10-esd-file.7462/

Regards,

Xen.

x osn, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Failure

Sir the .esd file that I have is not named install.esd rather it's 14393.0.160715-1616.rs_release_CLIENTCombinedSL_RET_x64fre_en_us.esd,is it usable? It's around 3Gb and it was just saved automatically in my hard drive. Have used ESD DECRYPTER WITH NO
    SUCCESS.

RaphaelDillena, Jul 27, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Saving the esd file

Search C: for install.esd file.

CountMike, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Then use ESDtoISO tool to create the iso.

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2015
  6. machare Win User
    Have you got that to work with the latest pre-release builds?

machare, Jul 28, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    Practically all of my upgrades since beginning are made from ESD files. Works on this one from 8.1 too.

CountMike, Jul 28, 2015
  8. machare Win User

Saving the esd file

I've not been able to find the .esd file on the latest build.

machare, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    Here is the un-edited version of the tool - The tool comes from the members of MyDigitialLife Forums

Kari just edited the tool they created -- removed features

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Saving the esd file

1. Saving the esd file - Similar Threads - Saving esd file

2. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  3. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  4. No ESD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ESD: Just downloaded Microsoft Windows 11 but their is no ESD with the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-esd/8c796f84-4c63-464d-9908-406c3b6e554c
  5. No ESD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ESD: Just downloaded Microsoft Windows 11 but their is no ESD with the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-esd/8c796f84-4c63-464d-9908-406c3b6e554c
  6. ESD File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ESD File: Hey there! I have downloaded an esd file of windows 10 2004 update. I have to clean install my laptop. Should I convert esd file into iso and then install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-file/e6d50484-88cb-4821-be51-dba1adb957e9
  7. Updating Windows through esd file.

Updating Windows through esd file.: I have Windows 10 of version 1903 and I want to upgrade it to windows 10 2004. I want to save my all the files and have install.esd file from windows 10 installation iso. I want to update it using this esd file but I haven't any way to do it. I tried it by Using Following...
  8. Need someone to identify this esd file

Need someone to identify this esd file: Windows 10 Home, version 1803 build 17134.81 Upon opening my C drive, I found a ESD folder: [img] Upon opening the esd folder, I found this...…. [img] Please note the Date of the Setup Properties. How can I tell which esd file is that ? Is that the April 2018 Update...
  9. ESD file

ESD file: In the $windows.~WS folder and then Sources there is a file Installx64.esd can that be used to create a ISO file that can be burned to do an Install? also would rufus be able to create a bootable usb? thanks. Shipinomore 30057
  10. Command to decrypt an esd file

in Windows 10 Support
    Command to decrypt an esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads an esd file with Windows Update, before installing it, Windows must decrypt it. What command used to do this? Thanks Bye 20084