Windows 10: Saving to D instead of OS

Discus and support Saving to D instead of OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and this is my first time using Windows 10. The guy told me to make sure not to fill my OS and to set my D drive as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vail, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Vail Win User

Saving to D instead of OS

I just got a new laptop and this is my first time using Windows 10. The guy told me to make sure not to fill my OS and to set my D drive as the default, or something. I went into System storage settings and set all the defaults to Data (D*Smile But it seems like everything I save still goes to the C drive. My D drive has nothing saved in it at all while my C drive is filling up.

If someone could help me get this situated I'd very much appreciate that.

:)

Vail, Apr 8, 2016

2. saving a download to my computer instead of opening it

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, help me to know:

• When you say e-mail, are you referring to outlook.com or Microsoft office outlook or Mail app on windows 10?

• How are you accessing your e-mails?

• Which browser are you using to access your E-mails?
    I would suggest you to try another browser and check if you are facing the same issue.

If you are using Internet Explorer, kindly follow the below suggestions.

This issue might occur due to your browser. It would be best if you optimize your browser to make sure that it isn’t contributing to this issue. This will also serve as an initial troubleshooting step to improve browser performance.
    After optimizing, re-launch your browser and check if you encounter the same problem.

Follow the steps given in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot your issue better. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 8, 2016
  3. TomDillon Win User
    saving a download to my computer instead of opening it

I just switched to Windows 10. When I used to download an attachment from email, I could choose "save as" and save the file to my computer. Now, even when I choose "save to my computer" after the download the only options are "open" or "view downloads".
    How do I get the "save as" option back?

TomDillon, Apr 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might prefer to try using explorer for (e.g.)
    Desktop, Videos, Pictures, Downloads ...

Rt click, Properties, Location

Some tutorials which I've found for you which may be of interest (please feel free to browse and search the extensive, clear, practical Tutorials section)
    Storage Save Locations - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Apps Save Location - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Library Save Location - Set in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Reverse- set to default:
    Users Personal Folders - Restore Default Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Saving to D instead of OS - Similar Threads - Saving instead

2. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  3. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  4. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...

How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...: Hi,I work with a number of different file types - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, JPG, PNG, etc. - for different projects. Projects are organized by folders and subfolders.It appears that whatever app or tool I'm using, when I go to save a file, it will try to save it in the folder...
  6. How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save files to my current project folder/subfolder instead of to where I last saved...: Hi,I work with a number of different file types - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, JPG, PNG, etc. - for different projects. Projects are organized by folders and subfolders.It appears that whatever app or tool I'm using, when I go to save a file, it will try to save it in the folder...
  7. I want to print but keeps making me save instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to print but keeps making me save instead: Most of the time I try to print, It makes me save instead. I tried almost everything to fix this problem but nothing works. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-but-keeps-making-me-save-instead/e6cfa9db-ac6f-4f2c-9749-e2d686bbe57d
  8. I want to print but keeps making me save instead

I want to print but keeps making me save instead: Most of the time I try to print, It makes me save instead. I tried almost everything to fix this problem but nothing works. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-but-keeps-making-me-save-instead/e6cfa9db-ac6f-4f2c-9749-e2d686bbe57d
  9. I want to print but keeps making me save instead

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Clicked on "save" option instead of "save a copy " in photos app. But I am unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicked on "save" option instead of "save a copy " in photos app. But I am unable to...: I ended up editing a photo, instead of saving a copy of it on windows using "save a copy" option clicked on "save" option now the edited image replaced my original image . Is there any way to retain my original image? when I am going through the pictures the original image...