Windows 10: Savings Cool adware won't uninstall

Discus and support Savings Cool adware won't uninstall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Savings Cool will redirect me to this website every 2 minutes. Savings Cool downloaded by probably downloading a file that contained a virus. It is in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Audrey123, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Audrey123 Win User

Savings Cool adware won't uninstall

Savings Cool will redirect me to this website every 2 minutes. Savings Cool downloaded by probably downloading a file that contained a virus. It is in control panel but when I try to uninstall it says 502 Bad Gateway. *Sad

:)

Audrey123, Nov 20, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

error pop-up from: McAfee Total Protection software on Windows 10

Neither product has the ability to stop adware that you have voluntarily installed on your computer. You need to find out what the adware program is and uninstall it.

When you install a program from the internet without using the 'custom install' option you will often install adware. That's because lots of programs that you download from the internet will install additional software without asking you, and much of that
    additional software is adware.

Your anti-virus program won't stop this from happening unless the adware program is malicious. While most people find adware annoying, most adware is not harmful to your computer.

That's why you always need to choose the 'custom install' option, which gives you the opportunity to stop the program from installing additional software.

Find the list of installed software: Start > Settings > System >Apps and features > select the adware program > click the Uninstall button that appears.

If you don't see the adware program or you don't know the adware program's name, then uninstall the last program you downloaded from the internet. If that makes the adware stop, you can re-install the program you downloaded, but this time use the 'custom
    install' option and watch carefully for your opportunity to prevent any additional software from installing.

BulldogXX, Nov 20, 2016
  3. j tinney Win User
    programs and features: install/uninstall

there is a program "savings cool" I dnt install and it wont let me uninstall? anything on this

j tinney, Nov 20, 2016
  4. Savings Cool adware won't uninstall

Hi:

Welcome.
    Please edit your post (if you can, as a forum newcomer) to remove the live link, so that other forum users/visitors won't pick up the same crud.

Either munge the link : hxxp://www.badsite.com
    Or put it in code tags
    Code: http://www.badsite.com[/quote] Next, you'll probably need to get cleaned up.
    Have you tried running any scans, such as MBAM Free, AdwCleaner, JRT, etc.?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 20, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Nov 20, 2016
  6. azasadny Win User
    Boot is Safe Mode with Networking and run Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner...

azasadny, Nov 20, 2016
  7. Hi:

Actually, that's not a great idea.
    MBAM needs full access to the entire system in order to work properly and clean thoroughly.
    It's designed to be installed from a Windows Admin account and to be run in NORMAL Windows mode.
    Running MBAM in Safe Mode is only a last resort for a computer than cannot boot because of severe malware damage.

And, these days, with MBAM Chameleon and other built-in technology (as well as other specialized malware scanners), scanning from Safe Mode is rarely, if ever, needed.
    I suggest scanning from Normal Mode.
    (Additional tools may be needed for full cleanup, depending what else is on the system.)

I do not know for sure about AdwCleaner, but I expect the same is true for that tool, as well.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 20, 2016
  8. dencal Win User

Here you go Audrey....everything you need to know to uninstall Savings Cool.
    Remove adware (Virus Removal Guide)

dencal, Nov 20, 2016
  9. Audrey123 Win User
    I have scanned my PC with Malwarebytes, Avast, and Advanced PC care

Welcome.
    Please edit your post (if you can, as a forum newcomer) to remove the live link, so that other forum users/visitors won't pick up the same crud.

Either munge the link : hxxp://www.badsite.com
    Or put it in code tags
    Code: http://www.badsite.com[/quote] Next, you'll probably need to get cleaned up.
    Have you tried running any scans, such as MBAM Free, AdwCleaner, JRT, etc.?

Thanks,
    MM[/QUOTE]

Audrey123, Nov 21, 2016
  10. cottonball, Nov 21, 2016
  11. Audrey123 Win User
    Audrey123, Nov 21, 2016
  12. lcwinner Win User
    Hi Audrey... can you pls post step by step how you were able to remove Savings Cool? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

lcwinner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Savings Cool adware won't uninstall - Similar Threads - Savings Cool adware

2. Adware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware: Please help! Urgent!Adwcleaner found 6 items!Pup. Optional Assistant 1 itemPup.optional.Legacy 4 itemsPup.optional.mediaget 1 itemWhen I press next, I see preinstalled software which comes from Acer.I dont know what to do!Help me delete! Please help!!...
  3. ADWARE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ADWARE: HiIs there a safe free ad ware removal toolThank youTIMMYM 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/3436222a-43ee-4884-b391-80b20e823a11
  4. ADWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADWARE: HiIs there a safe free ad ware removal toolThank youTIMMYM 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/3436222a-43ee-4884-b391-80b20e823a11
  5. Adware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adware?: What should I do? I found this virus.How this even come to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/22a2be49-fe78-40db-8a19-2f05f18dd049
  6. Adware

Adware: after each scan, I get a notice that 'adware: win32/coupons' is a threat. either the scan doesn't remove it after trying to do so after i hit 'start actions in windows security, or this adware just keeps popping up over and over again...how do I get rid of it? Malwarebytes...
  7. Adware

Adware: I cannot delete this adware from my hard drive even though Window Security block it. Ronald https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adware/713d063a-5ee9-4fe5-a127-09109d29fa3a
  8. Adware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adware: Why is ther Corsair adware in latest november update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/229f5034-fe34-4827-92a5-af7f54a7a718
  9. Adware

Adware: i m facing serious adware problem. redirecting webpage automatically, opening new browser windows and many more.... tried many things but not helping that much those are coming back again... any permanent or solid solution??? 39218
  10. Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website.

Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website.: I've gone to my control panel, file explorer, and all that, and whenever I try to hit the Uninstall/Modify button, it takes me to an Apache website. I don't know what to do, as I'm not too well versed in computers. If someone could help, that would mean a lot! By the way, I'm...