Windows 10: Says I have internet access but I believe I do not

Discus and support Says I have internet access but I believe I do not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently got a virus where I believe I got rid of by restoring my HP laptop back to factory settings however...since this I have had my internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by George walker, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Says I have internet access but I believe I do not

I have recently got a virus where I believe I got rid of by restoring my HP laptop back to factory settings however...since this I have had my internet connection say internet access however it always disconnects and it also has no "bars" of connection. Is this a problem with the virus, if so how can I remove it, or is it a system error. Do I need to take it back to currys or can I do it manually

:)

George walker, Sep 8, 2015

2. I CAN access the internet, but Windows says I have no internet access

Thanks for replying to my post, however, as previously mentioned in the thread, the issue is not that I can not connect, the issue is that my computer is connected but says I am not. I had tried everything in those two articles several times as outlined
    above with no results.

In the end, I had to contact Microsoft Support directly to resolve the issue. The problem was that my Windows 10 had become corrupted and this caused it not to read the network connection properly. The solution was to totally reinstall Windows 10 from
    scratch.

My recommendation to anyone having his issue is to try a reinstall of Windows 10 and contacting someone from Microsoft to help you so that you don't lose all of your apps and installed programs

DoctorWho719, Sep 8, 2015
  3. I CAN access the internet, but Windows says I have no internet access

Hello.

Thank you for replying to my post. To answer your questions as you posted them:

• What is the exact error message that you encountered?

If I attempt to update windows, I get this error:

We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and try again.

In the settings menu – Network and Internet it shows:

Not Connected

You aren’t connected to any networks

However, if I go to Network Connections, highlight my Ethernet connection and view its status, it shows my IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity as “Internet” and my Media state as Enabled and my speed as 1.0 Gbps

If I attempt to diagnose this connection, the only option the troubleshooter gives me is to do a Networking Reset which I have done dozens of times with no result.

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

The only recent change to my computer was connecting the computer directly to the modem via Ethernet cord. My home was recently re-wired for internet cable on 3/5/2017 and my last successful update to windows was 3/3/2017 so
    they could be related, but how? What do I look for with my ISP or what do I call Tech support and report because they just tell me it’s my computer. Reminder, this issue is present regardless of whether I plug directly
    into the modem or if I use wifi.

• Have you tried to temporarily disable any Firewall or security software that could be blocking the connection?

Many times. I even tired turning off my 3rd party firewall and using the windows pre-installed firewall, but even this tells me I have no internet connection.
    Please remember, I DO have an internet connection. I CAN access all websites. Only components specific to Microsoft or Windows show I am not connected when I actually am.

• Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your PC? To check, type winver in the search option.
    Windows 10

Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

DoctorWho719, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Says I have internet access but I believe I do not

Hi

If you haven't run Malwarebytes download the free version and run it.

Malwarebytes | Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

If you have malware this should find it.

Try right clicking on your network icon on the Taskbar and select Trouble Shoot Problems.

If that doesn't work right click again and try opening Network and Sharing Center.
    Click Change Adapter settings and click Disable Device, wait a few seconds and re-enable it.

If that doesn't work... try resetting your router.

Then, Try going to Device Manager / Network Adapters and uninstall your Network Device, then reboot.

This will force Windows to re-detect your network adapter, install drivers and configure it.

In most cases this will fix issues like this.

If none of these work, maybe someone else here will have other ideas.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Says I have internet access but I believe I do not

1. Says I have internet access but I believe I do not - Similar Threads - Says internet access

2. i deleted something in registry and now it says i have no internet access but i do.

in Windows 10 Customization
    i deleted something in registry and now it says i have no internet access but i do.: before you guys start critizing me yes i am a curious man I had no idea what i was doing i regret it the most and i should have made and restore point before but i didnt. I deleted all the keys in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  3. Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access: For around 2 days I have been having this issue where apparently I do not have internet access, but I do have internet access. [ATTACH] It is usually stuck like this for 20 minutes then figures out that it can connect to the internet.Running the troubleshooter just provides...
  4. Internet says "no internet, secured" but I have some access to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet says "no internet, secured" but I have some access to internet: I'm on Windows 10. It will say "no internet, secured" but I actually have access to most websites. However, some websites and applications won't work, including the Spotify app, the Outlook app, the Epic Games Launcher, and epicgames.com. These apps and sites will tell me I...
  5. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  6. Why are microsoft Saying I do not have internet access . I do! Come on. Why ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why are microsoft Saying I do not have internet access . I do! Come on. Why ?: Want to play Angry Birds game , I can not go on because I need to buy Items. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-microsoft-saying-i-do-not-have-internet/a0f023bb-28e5-43bd-a8c1-6b4f8346aa65
  7. Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says I have no internet, but I definitely do.: I'm using a custom built system with an ASRock B450 mini ITX motherboard that has an onboard Intel Wireless AC 3168. I'm having this strange issue where the OS will report that I have no internet, even though I definitely do. I'm using WiFi from Boingo, which is my only...
  8. Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access

Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access: Since today the network icon on the taskbar of my ASUS X556UV started saying that I don't have internet access to the network I'm connected to with an ethernet cable. This isn't correct because I can still use the internet for browsing, streaming etc. The main problem is...
  9. I have internet access except windows says i don't

I have internet access except windows says i don't: I don't know why but since the 27th of November my computer is telling me that I don't have internet access even though I do and can use it normally. However, a few things do not work like checking for updates I'm guessing because it checks my network status. Onedrive gets...
  10. I believe, I have ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I believe, I have ransomware: I'm being chased by a ransom ware virus that claims that my computer is randomly sending out my account number and other information. I just got this computer from a repair shop without any protection so I need the best blocker that won't also block any authorized content as...