Windows 10: says password is wrong when it's right

Discus and support says password is wrong when it's right in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I started my wife's computer this morning it was doing an update and then when it finished, her password didn't work any more. When I click the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fishbreath7491, May 10, 2016.

1. says password is wrong when it's right

When I started my wife's computer this morning it was doing an update and then when it finished, her password didn't work any more. When I click the "reset password" box it says I had to have set up a disk ahead of time. The box is labeled "password reset wizard". I don't know what to do next. Any clues?

:)

fishbreath7491, May 10, 2016
  2. MyintHein Win User

Password

I bought a new computer and have not linked to my Microsoft account yet.

I created a password and the Windows keep saying my password is wrong.

I am definitely sure that my password is right. I was able to log in successfully and post this.

But when I wanted to reset my password, it keeps saying my current password is wrong. Pls help.

MyintHein, May 10, 2016
  3. asdf350 Win User
    Xbox live- I enter email and password and I'm told there's something wrong with my account.

When I try to sign into xbox live, it asks for email and password. I put it in and i'm told there's something wrong with my account. I know its the right password because when I put it the wrong one it says, wrong password.

Moved from Mobile Devices

Original title: xbox live

asdf350, May 10, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

says password is wrong when it's right

NavyLCDR, May 10, 2016
  5. I can access her gmail account through 2 of my other computers and she can get to gmail through her kindle as well. We have been using the same password for her computer log in as the gmail account in the past so nothing should have changed.

fishbreath7491, May 10, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I didn't know you could use a gmail address/account to log into Windows with.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

says password is wrong when it's right

1. says password is wrong when it's right - Similar Threads - says password wrong

2. Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in: So I was playing a game and then out of nowhere my pc blue screened and when booted back up it says thats the password is wrong, and cant reset it, cant do anything in the trhoubleshooter bacause everything needs me to log in to the acc, and its the only acc, the only option...
  3. Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in: So I was playing a game and then out of nowhere my pc blue screened and when booted back up it says thats the password is wrong, and cant reset it, cant do anything in the trhoubleshooter bacause everything needs me to log in to the acc, and its the only acc, the only option...
  4. Blue Screen then it says password wrong when loging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't: I've been using remote desktop continuously up to this point. Today, out of nowhere, it begins insisting my password is wrong for the account I've been using this entire time. Check the event log and it says that the password or user was incorrect. I quintuple check the user...
  6. Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - says password is wrong when it definitely isn't: I've been using remote desktop continuously up to this point. Today, out of nowhere, it begins insisting my password is wrong for the account I've been using this entire time. Check the event log and it says that the password or user was incorrect. I quintuple check the user...
  7. After Input the right password it says Wrong password!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After Input the right password it says Wrong password!!!: Hlw guys.... Today i will share a new experience that i have solved.... Some moments ago i face a serious problem in my new laptop....after boot from safe mode i just want to see how safe mode works,sign in display appears,then when i try to enter password it says "wrong...
  8. Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Says Password Is Wrong When it’s Not: Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the correct password. I have used different methods of trying to login through command prompt, changing windows password and booting in safe mode to no success. Attempted factory reset only for it to fail at 8% multiple times and take me back to...
  9. My administrative password is right, but startup repair says it's wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My administrative password is right, but startup repair says it's wrong: Hi, A couple days ago, I updated my laptop by automatic online updates, and after that the startup screen where I enter my login information went dark, so I can't enter to my windows 10. I proceeded to the boot section where I chose the advanced options for repair. All the...
  10. insists on a password and says it is wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    insists on a password and says it is wrong: Similar sort of problem, tried to set up No Passwords but it insists on a password and says it is wrong (but it isn't). Then I can get into another "me" but only with a PIN. I cannot delete the first "me" or get into it but in Users only one"me" appears. There is no built in...