Windows 10: SB will reboot while in Sleep Mode overnight

Discus and support SB will reboot while in Sleep Mode overnight in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting the following error, any idea what could be the root cause: On Fri 1/6/2017 5:02:52 AM your computer crashed crash dump file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brosenz, Jan 6, 2017.

1. brosenz Win User

SB will reboot while in Sleep Mode overnight

I am getting the following error, any idea what could be the root cause:

On Fri 1/6/2017 5:02:52 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010617-13140-01.dmp uptime: 21:52:13 This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF90891EE06E20, 0xFFFFDB0007BA68E0, 0xFFFF908937951900) Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
    On Fri 1/6/2017 5:02:52 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp uptime: 21:52:13 This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF90891EE06E20, 0xFFFFDB0007BA68E0, 0xFFFF908937951900) Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

brosenz, Jan 6, 2017

2. Surface Book reboots rather than wake from sleep problem - Event ID 6008 and 41

I have a Surface Book i7, 16GB with NVidia graphics connected to a Surface Dock driving two 2 2560 x 1440 extended displays, mouse, numeric pad and HP Deskjet printer. I have the SB set to sleep and then hibernate after two hours when on battery power.
    This seems to work fine when I am out of the office. My issue seems to occur only when plugged into and powered with the Surface Dock. The SB sometimes reboots instead of just waking from sleep. When I look at the Event Viewer Administrative Events this behavior
    is always reported at the attempted wake up time with an Event ID 6008 Error and an Event ID 41 Critical Error. The description of the 6008 event is that the previous system shutdown at a given time and date was unexpected. The time and date reported is generally
    while the SB is supposed to be sleeping. I find no Events reported at that particular time and date in the Event Viewer anywhere. I had one time that the particular reported time and date was while I was actually using the SB but did not get the error until
    after I put the SB to sleep and then attempted to wake it back up.

I have looked through the items listed in the Task Scheduler and did not identify anything that might be occurring at the various reported times as well as in the Event Viewer. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to figure out what might be running
    or happening at the particular times reported with the errors?

Harry Bennett, Jan 6, 2017
  3. PM1888 Win User
    Windows Creators Update RDP Issue

• I am not trying to remote into Server 2008 but rather SBS 2011.
    • Another annoying issue with this update is the PC will no longer enter sleep mode - even after a rollback.
    • You can manually enter sleep mode, but it will no longer go to sleep by itself.

By far, the RDP is a serious issue for many Pro & Enterprise people but probably a non-issue to the Home version.

PM1888, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Really hate to ask but what is SB? Sound Blaster comes to mind.

Berton, Jan 6, 2017
  5. brosenz Win User
    Sorry, Surface Book

brosenz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SB will reboot while in Sleep Mode overnight - Similar Threads - reboot while Sleep

2. Blue screen errors after being in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen errors after being in sleep mode overnight: I recently assembled a new PC and ran into some issues. I'm in Windows 11 pro. After leaving it in sleep mode overnight, I woke it up to find the Wi-Fi wasn't working at all – it couldn’t detect any networks. Then, about three minutes later, the system crashed and I got a...
  3. Blue screen errors after being in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen errors after being in sleep mode overnight: I recently assembled a new PC and ran into some issues. I'm in Windows 11 pro. After leaving it in sleep mode overnight, I woke it up to find the Wi-Fi wasn't working at all – it couldn’t detect any networks. Then, about three minutes later, the system crashed and I got a...
  4. Comupter has been rebooting frequently and randomly, even while in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comupter has been rebooting frequently and randomly, even while in sleep mode.: Every couple of days, or even multiple times a day, the computer randomly restarts. It will flash a blue screen, then will restart the computer very quickly.Current reliability reports say:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  5. Comupter has been rebooting frequently and randomly, even while in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Comupter has been rebooting frequently and randomly, even while in sleep mode.: Every couple of days, or even multiple times a day, the computer randomly restarts. It will flash a blue screen, then will restart the computer very quickly.Current reliability reports say:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  6. Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep or hibernate Windows overnight?: So, I just moved from Mac to Windows 10 laptop. On my MacBook, I never did a shut down. I would simply put it to sleep overnight and then continue using it next day. I really don't want to shut down the Windows and then have all the programs load up again when I start it up...
  7. Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.: So I have been experiencing this problem with my laptop lately, where I would leave my laptop sleep overnight and open the next morning. But when I opened, the screen turns black, lights from the laptop is still blinking, usually, the screen would just greet me and ask for my...
  8. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  9. Laptop rebooting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop rebooting after sleep mode: Hello, I have this problem for about 3 weeks now. When I close my laptop or if I put him to sleep mode, it restart when I re-open it. I don't really now what's happening and it's extremely frustrating. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance....
  10. OS continually rebooting while sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    OS continually rebooting while sleeping: The PC has been running great for a year or two. In the past week or two I started having problems with the PC rebooting while it was in sleep mode. This loses my work and is just a PITA. It seemed to be having an issue with updating OneDrive though it didn't say what the...