Windows 10: Scaling desktop to fit the screen

Discus and support Scaling desktop to fit the screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running an older video-card (radeon 4850) in Windows 10. The card has support for Win7 & barely Win8. So, is there a small software program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam2fish, Dec 25, 2016.

1. sam2fish Win User

Scaling desktop to fit the screen

I'm running an older video-card (radeon 4850) in Windows 10. The card has support for Win7 & barely Win8.

So, is there a small software program that could let me scale the desktop to fit the screen in Win10..?

:)

sam2fish, Dec 25, 2016

2. Minimum resolution wallpaper for non-blurry image?

check display properties

right click on the desktop

and choose Display Settings

it will show you the current screen resolution

eg.

1920 x 1280

1366 x 768

etc.

whatever the resolution is

that's the image size you need if you want it to cover the whole desktop and not be scaled to fit

Locutus deBorg, Dec 25, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Resizing Windows 10 Screen.

Hi BLKBRD37,

Does Windows 10 not fit your Screen?

If not check the following:

Right click your Desktop, choose Desktop Settings

Check that your resolution is set to the one marked (Recommended)

Check that Scale is set to 100%

If this is not the issue you are having, please let me know and I will provide a solution . ..

DaveM121, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Scaling desktop to fit the screen

Is the screen resolution not correct for your monitor?

I recommend this article

You just need to follow the steps for it in Windows 10.

Control Panel [if you can't see it] can be accessed by pressing [WIN] + R and typing 'control.exe'

OfficialReeceYT, Dec 25, 2016
  5. sam2fish Win User
    Yes it is. It's a 24" monitor, 16:9 ratio, set at 1920 by 1080. AMD doesn't support this video-card in Win10...:-(

sam2fish, Dec 25, 2016
  6. Can you try using older drivers win 8.1 compatible. You can try installing using compatibility mode.

JordanMihailov, Dec 25, 2016
  7. sam2fish Win User
    I have tried compatibility mode and as as administrator, but no success.

sam2fish, Dec 25, 2016
  8. Scaling desktop to fit the screen

Try older drivers. Does windows finds any drivers by itself ?

JordanMihailov, Dec 27, 2016
  9. sam2fish Win User
    I've tried drivers for that card from Win7, vista, 8, 8.1. In device manager it sees it as a 4850 like it should. But Microsoft doesn't make a driver for it, nor through update-drivers option.

sam2fish, Dec 27, 2016
  10. Too bad. If i come with idea i'll write.

JordanMihailov, Dec 27, 2016
  11. sam2fish Win User
    Solved the problem by getting a used nVidia 8600 GTS video-card. Windows 10 recognizes it, so I can scale the desktop to fit the two Panasonic 32-inch screens.

sam2fish, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Scaling desktop to fit the screen

1. Scaling desktop to fit the screen - Similar Threads - Scaling desktop fit

2. fitting screen to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  3. Page not fitting screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Page not fitting screen.: Hi, Following a crash I've reinstalled Windows and everything seems OK with one exception. On a couple of websites I can see just the left side of the page and have to move the slider bar over to the right to read the part of the that's not in view. I've tried all that I can...
  4. Screen not fitting to display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen not fitting to display: My screen does not fit to my display! I have checked all settings and done everything to fix it but nothing works! Im now completely irritated with this and I can't let it go! Has anyone had this? Where nothings worked? Acer predator xb27b monitor. Someone help!!! Lol...
  5. Window will not fit screen

Window will not fit screen: I am using a pc splitter, splitting 2 tv's, as my monitors , When I did this my original samsung tv now will not let me fit the window on the left side of screen, leaving right side off and unable to see. Will not let me do anything to use this left side. What can I do to...
  6. Screen Scaling

Screen Scaling: Suddenly everything became larger on my screens. I cannot fix it through Display settings as my only choice there is to make things larger. I worked with two different techs with no resolution of the problem. The first tech had me install Surface Pro 4 updates saying that...
  7. Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen

Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen: Hi, I am trying to split my virtual desktopCitrix between my laptop and the monitor. When I drag the vdi in between both laptop screen and monitor and maximize it, It splits the desktop, however, the desktop comes only half on the monitor and half of the monitor keeps the...
  8. Fit desktop to second monitor

Fit desktop to second monitor: Just hooked up second monitor. How do I fit to screen? I changed resolution, but didn't do what I'm looking for. Icons and task bar are cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fit-desktop-to-second-monitor/5533d824-c003-4b31-9e9f-a7e17b9229dc
  9. Screen scaling

Screen scaling: Hi! Yesterday something strange happened with my screen scaling. I'm using old 4:3 screen and GeForce 250 graphic card. w10 1903. For two or three years 1280x720 screen resolution worked very well. I had a perfect 16:9 display in center and two black lines up and down....
  10. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...