Windows 10: scaling in windows 10 is garbage

Discus and support scaling in windows 10 is garbage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; can anyone explain to me why when i ran 125% scaling in windows 7 everything was crisp and clear and now in windows 10 a supposedly superior OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by podizzle, Aug 14, 2015.

1. podizzle Win User

scaling in windows 10 is garbage

can anyone explain to me why when i ran 125% scaling in windows 7 everything was crisp and clear and now in windows 10 a supposedly superior OS everything appears blurry.

now i am forced to strain my eyes to see the tiny text because i despise the blurriness. *Mad

:)

podizzle, Aug 14, 2015

2. WINDOW 10 RANDOM SHUTDOWN & RESTART

Windows 10 is garbage

IF this cannot be fixed.

I already tried everything.

There is no fix.

So....

Windows 10 is still GARBAGE

I normally use linux.

No problem

But, Windows 10 lacks control for many things.

Just plain GARBAGE

On laptop, I must use this GARBAGE

CookedTuna, Aug 14, 2015
  3. How to change toast notifications position?

Windows 10 should not be hauling garbage code, it should be hauled away AS garbage code.

Toaster Ghost Burns Bread, Aug 14, 2015
  4. scaling in windows 10 is garbage

What's your screen resolution?

theveterans, Aug 14, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    I was going to comment that my video display is sharper and brighter than it was on Win 8.1.

I tried 125% after seeing your comment and it didn't screw things up on mine.

I'm using an AMD Radeon HD7700 Video card, Viewsonic 23" LCD Monitor. 1920X1080 resolution.

fireberd, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    You've probably seen the Settings you can change but there can be problems as warned about.
    Attachment 31572
    Mine does well at 125%. If I need the contents of a window larger I click in the window and use the Ctrl key plus the + key to enlarge. Or the Ctrl key plus roll the mouse wheel back or forth to increase or decrease. Don't get along too well yet with the Magnifier.

A note: I use a KVM with 4 computers, one monitor/keyboard/mouse and all 4 are set for 1440x900 resolution.

Berton, Aug 14, 2015
  7. wpcoe Win User
    In the misery loves company category, my Lenovo notebook (which does have high-res LCD) blurs at any non-integer magnification. e.g. At 100% and 200% everything is sharp. But, at 250% (which Win10 decrees is the optimal), several legacy apps, and an occasional Windows dialog box, is fuzzy. And, to add insult to injury, unless I choose the "optimal" 250%, I cannot change the font nor size of desktop icon titles.

wpcoe, Aug 23, 2015
  8. munkle Win User

munkle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. scaling in windows 10 is garbage - Similar Threads - scaling garbage

2. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  3. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  4. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  5. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  6. Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out: I have an Alienware X17 R2 running on Windows 11. I set a custom scaling to 115% as 100% is too small and 120% is too big for me. So I set a custom scaling which is 115%. However, this issue happens and it is the first for me. Whenever I restart or sign in into my PC, the...
  7. Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out

Scaling changes to 100% after restart or sign out: I have an Alienware X17 R2 running on Windows 11. I set a custom scaling to 115% as 100% is too small and 120% is too big for me. So I set a custom scaling which is 115%. However, this issue happens and it is the first for me. Whenever I restart or sign in into my PC, the...
  8. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  9. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  10. The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The home icons are blurred in 150% scale settings.: I have a laptop with 1080x1920 resolution, so automatically windows show the 150% scale settings recommended for my screen resolution, but the problem is the icons in the "home" folder are blurry not good looking. But the icons look normal when I use the 100% scaling, so any...