Windows 10: Scaling issue with a PJ

Discus and support Scaling issue with a PJ in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, another minor niggle, I have a PJ and tv attached via amp to my pc the tv has no problems with scaling the PJ however is a different thing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by razy60, Sep 25, 2015.

1. razy60 Win User

Scaling issue with a PJ

Hi, another minor niggle, I have a PJ and tv attached via amp to my pc the tv has no problems with scaling the PJ however is a different thing. The windows screen that is background, taskbar etc all fit correctly but when I open up a program it will occasionally go off the available space as though I have an extended screen, when I check the scaling in the Nvidia display settings the arrows that should show the corners of the screen are missing except for the one in the top left corner to bring them all into the available space I reduce the resolution down to 800x600 which means that the screen looks stretched and compressed at the same time, this was not apparent in win 7 with my gtx 770 but I now have win10 and a gtx 980 ti. Its not all programs media player for instance seems to be fine but Kodi is way off the screen.

Any ideas, cheers

Raz

:)

razy60, Sep 25, 2015
  2. ennao.j Win User

Scaling issue or a resolution issue or a projection issue: My screen settings are off.

And I've tried playing around with the percentages... it isn't helping. 100% makes it completely unreadable.

my laptop is a small 13.3 inch but the recommended resolution is suggesting 3200 x 2000

ennao.j, Sep 25, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Scaling issue or a resolution issue or a projection issue: My screen settings are off.

Glad to help, if you have any more questions, please contact us here at MS Community!

DaveM121, Sep 25, 2015
  4. razy60 Win User

Scaling issue with a PJ

Just in case anyone is interested, it seems that setting the text and apps size in display settings has an adverse effect on the actual output in the display used, as a result scaling is way off. Fixed now though! I hope.

razy60, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

Scaling issue with a PJ

1. Scaling issue with a PJ - Similar Threads - Scaling issue

2. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 scaling issue: On Windows 10 I have mistakenly adjusted the scaling which I thought was just for one application. However, it has made the desktop icons are so big that they overfill the screen so I can’t get back in to change the setting back. Any advice would by very welcome....
  3. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 scaling issue: On Windows 10 I have mistakenly adjusted the scaling which I thought was just for one application. However, it has made the desktop icons are so big that they overfill the screen so I can’t get back in to change the setting back. Any advice would by very welcome....
  4. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  6. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  7. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows: Hello everyone,I've been encountering a challenging situation with my 4K monitor setup where maintaining a 100% scaling in Windows for C# development has led to a nearly unusable user interface due to extremely small icons and text. This includes critical elements like the...
  9. Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows

Seeking Solutions for 4K Scaling Issues on Windows: Hello everyone,I've been encountering a challenging situation with my 4K monitor setup where maintaining a 100% scaling in Windows for C# development has led to a nearly unusable user interface due to extremely small icons and text. This includes critical elements like the...
  10. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...