Windows 10: Scaling Keeps Changing After Reboot

Discus and support Scaling Keeps Changing After Reboot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is an odd scaling problem. I have a new fairly 43" 4K display and have it customised to display enlarged text and apps between 200 and 250%. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by visibility, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Scaling Keeps Changing After Reboot

This is an odd scaling problem. I have a new fairly 43" 4K display and have it customised to display enlarged text and apps between 200 and 250%. The problem is sometimes after start up I'm presented with super fuzzy text and menus (icons are fine). To resolve this I have to move the 'Change the size of text, apps, and other items' slider to another size and then log out and back in. This always fixes the problem but its damned annoying.

:)

visibility, Apr 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 Tablet Mode - Snap is working on one tablet, isnt working on the other (same model)

I had the same problem.

After changin to 100% it still was not working, but after I changed scale to 100% and
    rebooted my tablet - snapping started to work in tablet mode aswell. Then I switched scaling back to my 175%.

AndriyKohut, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Automatically change display scaling when laptop docked/connected to an external monitor (win 10)

I have the same problem. What works for me is to right click the desktop, choose Display Settings, then under Scale and layout, change the size of text, apps, and other items from whatever % scaling to a different one, then go back to the % you first had.

For example, I keep my % scaling at 100%. After undocking my laptop, I have to change it to 125%, wait a few seconds, then change it back to 100%. No need to restart the computer, log out, etc.

I have fairly good eyesight, so this solution works for me, but it does make everything on the laptop screen rather tiny.

Christopher__H, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

Scaling Keeps Changing After Reboot

1. Scaling Keeps Changing After Reboot - Similar Threads - Scaling Keeps Changing

2. Changing the system scale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the system scale: Windows 11:I changed the system scale to 175 %.Now I cannot change it back to 100 %. Because the tick mark is greyed and unresponsive after typing 100 in the boxAttached are pictures.Regards,Rajendra....
  3. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  5. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  7. Change scale or change resolution?

Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  8. Time zone keep changing on reboot

Time zone keep changing on reboot: My laptop time zone keeps changing on reboot. This has only happened for a few weeks and I suspect following a Windows Update. It changes to Central America -6 from GMT. It happens consistently on turning on or rebooting. I can change the time zone successfully via either...
  9. Windows 10 Display Scale Changed after samsung updates and Scale is the same

Windows 10 Display Scale Changed after samsung updates and Scale is the same: I just had a minor samsung updates on this samsung windows 10 laptop and the display scale has changed slightly. I was using 1920x1080 and 100% for size of text, apps and other items, which is the scale. I checked it but these setting didn't change. I tried to change to...
  10. Icons disappeared after scaling change

Icons disappeared after scaling change: After I changed scaling from 100% to 125%, all icons disappeared whether it be desktop, taskbar, or file explorer. This is not the first time I changed scaling to 125%. This has never happened before when I changed scaling. It seems applications downloaded from Windows Store...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scale and layout setting keeps resetting after restart