Windows 10: Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number

Discus and support Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email with a recording telling me my computer was compromised. it gave me a phone number to call and someone helped. his number is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by barbarazdziarski, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number

I received an email with a recording telling me my computer was compromised. it gave me a phone number to call and someone helped. his number is 1-877-997-4999. I'm hoping this wasn't a scam.

[Original Title: Scam]

:)

barbarazdziarski, Aug 24, 2018
  2. NinaBro Win User

866-504-4999 listed as a number to call-supposedly a problem with computer

Hi. My step-mom got a big red page telling her to call this number. Shouldn't restart computer etc. Is this real?

The phone number shown supposedly belongs to Microsoft.

It is an "Internet security alert" and says something like ...your computer has been infected with a virus...do not shut down or reset...the following data may be compromised...and so forth. Two other windows popped up on top of that one. She runs McAfee
    in the background. It seems like a scam but I just want to make sure for her.

NinaBro, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Pop-up message on Edge- Computer is compromised, call this number

When Clicking on Edge on my PC this website d3bu5sodnumy3l.cloudfront.net automatically opens indicating that my computer has been compromised and I need to call this number 888-372-9289 to fix the problem. In the past I would ignore these and restart the
    computer. This time no amount of restarting or shutting down is clearing the problem. I can't use Edge. I have AdBlocker Plus on my PC. What can I do. I don't want to call the number.

* Original title: Scam on Edge

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10

RonKilcoyne, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number

Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number

1. Scam: Tells my computer is compromised and call a number - Similar Threads - Scam Tells computer

2. scam calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam calling: so i went on this website and it said my pc has been locked so i called there number for it and it was a scam number and i went on task manager and ended chrome but the thing is i want to bring this to your attention than not know but can i talk to an agent to resolve my...
  3. Is this a scam? Flashing screen saying the computer is locked and I should call the number...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a scam? Flashing screen saying the computer is locked and I should call the number...: as soon as I log into my computer there is a screaming flashing screen to say that my computer is locked and I should call the number on the srreen. Is this ligit or a scam. How do I get out of it* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Is this a scam...
  4. Locked Computer scam: What repercussions if I called the number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Computer scam: What repercussions if I called the number: Hi, this was definitely asked before and after looking at some of the responses I wanted to follow up as I had a few concerns based on my experience. My computer screen was locked and I was not able to escape or use my keyboard much, although my mouse was working. I had an...
  5. Locked Computer scam: What repercussions if I called the number

Locked Computer scam: What repercussions if I called the number: Hi, this was definitely asked before and after looking at some of the responses I wanted to follow up as I had a few concerns based on my experience. My computer screen was locked and I was not able to escape or use my keyboard much, although my mouse was working. I had an...
  6. Accidentally called back scam number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally called back scam number: Dear Microsoft support,This morning I had a call while i was asleep, and since I was expecting a phone call, I called it back.Uppon answer I heard a "beep" so i hang up.I am pretty over secure with such things so my paranoia is freaking out right now.So I called it back one...
  7. Accidentally called back scam number

Accidentally called back scam number: Dear Microsoft support,This morning I had a call while i was asleep, and since I was expecting a phone call, I called it back.Uppon answer I heard a "beep" so i hang up.I am pretty over secure with such things so my paranoia is freaking out right now.So I called it back one...
  8. Accidentally called back scam number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Scam calls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam calls: Avast and windows defender Virus and fake tech support never do a fake free gift-card just like this this is a scam don't go to it[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-calls/96dd9244-d803-48cd-8d88-47d09095ef3a
  10. Scam calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls: Can somebody out there help me PLEASE. The last two nights I have been woken by "this is Microsoft" . The calls came Wednesday 7/11/18 11:30p.m. and 7/12/18 12:15 a.m. Friday 7/13/18 at 12:00a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Help please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone scam about computer compromised

2. microsoft phone call ip address compromised

3. my mom got a phone call about her ip address being compromised. is this a scam?

4. computer compromised popup with phone number,
  5. windows calling about an compromised ip address?,
  6. call from microsoft about ip address,
  7. windows ip address compromised,
  8. 888 number called about my computers ip being compromised,
  9. microsoft ip address compromised phone call,
  10. i get phone call my ip address is compromised,
  11. how is an ip address compromised?address has been compromised,
  12. ip address compromised by several countries