Windows 10: Scammer call

Discus and support Scammer call in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got a call from California from guy who said he was from Microsoft calling about error messages being sent out from my computer running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jds54, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jds54 Win User

Scammer call

Just got a call from California from guy who said he was from Microsoft calling about error messages being sent out from my computer running Windows 10. Wanted me to get on computer to fix problem.
    These scumbags are clever enough to take advantage of rollout and problems and hope someone will fall for there scam.
    Number was 831-856-5100.

:)

jds54, Jul 30, 2015

2. A scammer called

Many thanks for your help Bruce. I am not worried anymore.

Best regards

Bakhtiar

BakhtiarSaeedvafa, Jul 30, 2015
  3. A scammer called

And she had you go down to the bottom where this number was, correct?

ZFSendToTarget=CLSID{888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062}

That number is not unique to any one computer.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Scammer call

1. Scammer call - Similar Threads - Scammer call

2. Maybe Scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maybe Scammer: I went onto a website from a quizzes site. This website claimed to be an iq test, but when I opened it; I got a verbal message and a screen that looked like it was windows telling me my browser had been locked and to not turn off my computer. I've never had this happen...
  3. scammers had control of my computer,

scammers had control of my computer,: How do I determine if they planted a back door, to enter my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers-had-control-of-my-computer/fa6ead2b-dda6-48dd-9ffb-2883db669c51
  4. Scam the Scammers

Scam the Scammers: If you get a call from somebody saying they are from Microsoft they are not. Microsoft dont do that. If you have done the dishes like the wife asked you and they call have some fun. Time is money to those Scallys so wind them up act daft keep getting it wrong when they ask...
  5. scammers fake support

scammers fake support: Microsoft will not post support on my pc at anytime / https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scammers-fake-support/9676351d-528c-4875-a2b9-fd30f60b8644"
  6. Please investigate and Shutdown a Fraud Scammer using a Hotmail account

Please investigate and Shutdown a Fraud Scammer using a Hotmail account: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is a fraudulent scammer. They have listed a property for rent in Scarborough, Maine on Craigslist and are NOT the property owner. My wife and I both met the actual owner living inside and she stated at least 4 people have been...
  7. SCAMMERS windows

SCAMMERS windows: These scammers continue creating accounts without any control, they close some accounts and open new ones, they are cheating Microsoft and usurp the identity of other people. Is it a coincidence that these "independent advisor" have pictures of other Internet people in...
  8. Scammers are getting clever (Discussion)

Scammers are getting clever (Discussion): I was watching a scammer video by a Youtuber named KitBoga And saw a scammer end him to a website for support that looked identical to the real Microsoft page, Just wanted to alert people that : Microsoft will never ever call you nether will (Well Known Scams) The IRS...
  9. I Believe there is Scammer

I Believe there is Scammer: I have loud screaming noise on laptop and message saying computer is locked do not turn off. Identity has been stolen and ring a number. Now I can't turn on laptop, just keep getting this message. How do I stop it? [Original Title: scammer]...
  10. a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow

a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow: help me scammers called me today my windows is slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/a-windows-scammers-called-me-today-my-computer-is/95ec2ecc-f6f7-49d0-b5c9-89be70946a10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 877-541-2448

2. 1-877-541-2448

3. 877 541 2448

4. 8775412448