Windows 10: Scammer call

Discus and support Scammer call in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got a call from California from guy who said he was from Microsoft calling about error messages being sent out from my computer running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jds54, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jds54 Win User

Scammer call

Just got a call from California from guy who said he was from Microsoft calling about error messages being sent out from my computer running Windows 10. Wanted me to get on computer to fix problem.
    These scumbags are clever enough to take advantage of rollout and problems and hope someone will fall for there scam.
    Number was 831-856-5100.

:)

jds54, Jul 30, 2015

2. A scammer called

Many thanks for your help Bruce. I am not worried anymore.

Best regards

Bakhtiar

BakhtiarSaeedvafa, Jul 30, 2015
  3. A scammer called

And she had you go down to the bottom where this number was, correct?

ZFSendToTarget=CLSID{888DCA60-FC0A-11CF-8F0F-00C04FD7D062}

That number is not unique to any one computer.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Scammer call

1. Scammer call - Similar Threads - Scammer call

2. I Believe there is Scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Believe there is Scammer: I have loud screaming noise on laptop and message saying computer is locked do not turn off. Identity has been stolen and ring a number. Now I can't turn on laptop, just keep getting this message. How do I stop it? [Original Title: scammer]...
  3. scammer

scammer: I have loud screaming noise on laptop and message saying computer is locked do not turn off. Identity has been stolen and ring a number. Now I can't turn on laptop, just keep getting this message. How do I stop it?...
  4. WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"...

WILL MICROSOFT HIDE THE FOLDERS / FILES LIKE EVENT VIEWER SO THE SCAMMERS CAN'T "EASILY"...: Hi, I was shown the "Event Viewer" (my laptop remotely controlled by a scammer because I thought that I was talking to Microsoft support on the phone). It was frightening. Warnings and errors (some "critical") seemingly everywhere on the list of events. I partially fell...
  5. scammers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    scammers: Has anyone ever been contacted by "My Expert Advice"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scammers/42e9f388-4590-4af9-8852-4415ebf9ca99"
  6. SCAMMERS from 850-275-0451 caller id says FT WALTN BCH FL!!

SCAMMERS from 850-275-0451 caller id says FT WALTN BCH FL!!: Wow, these people are persistent. The phone number shows about 6 times on my caller id. This "rep' kept prompting me to key in cmd saying he wanted to refund me the money I had paid for Microsoft. He continued to try to pacify me and I kept playing dumb and innocent as if I...
  7. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  8. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  9. scammers

scammers: I received a voicemail message on my phone from an "indian" speaking person stating that he was calling from Microsoft about charging my personal bank account $299 and it I wanted my money back, to call their number. So I did, the person said they were calling from...
  10. a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow

a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow: help me scammers called me today my windows is slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/a-windows-scammers-called-me-today-my-computer-is/95ec2ecc-f6f7-49d0-b5c9-89be70946a10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 877-541-2448

2. 1-877-541-2448

3. 877 541 2448

4. 8775412448