Windows 10: scan

Discus and support scan in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiWhat is the command for my desktop that takes a real long time to scan complete not sfc/scannow ?something like c//e.fd.s not sureThank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TIMMY 69, Dec 1, 2023.

1. TIMMY 69 Win User

scan

HiWhat is the command for my desktop that takes a real long time to scan complete not sfc/scannow ?something like c//e.fd.s not sureThank you

:)

TIMMY 69, Dec 1, 2023

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2023
  4. scan

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

scan

1. scan - Similar Threads - scan

2. How do I double sided scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I double sided scan?: How do I double sided scan? I have a surface pro laptop and an HP Office jet pro 6968 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-double-sided-scan/b5870e66-2b32-4f15-a063-42197bb414c6
  3. How do I double sided scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I double sided scan?: How do I double sided scan? I have a surface pro laptop and an HP Office jet pro 6968 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-double-sided-scan/b5870e66-2b32-4f15-a063-42197bb414c6
  4. Need help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool results, think my computer may be compromised or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool results, think my computer may be compromised or...: Hello,I recently ran FRST on my laptop since I think it might be compromised or have some stubborn malware or virus on it that my antivirus program Bitdefender isn't picking up. Here are the results from the scan I ran, FRST.txt and Addition.txt....
  5. Need help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool results, think my computer may be compromised or...

Need help with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool results, think my computer may be compromised or...: Hello,I recently ran FRST on my laptop since I think it might be compromised or have some stubborn malware or virus on it that my antivirus program Bitdefender isn't picking up. Here are the results from the scan I ran, FRST.txt and Addition.txt....
  6. Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC: Win11. No idea when, but Microsoft defender virus scanning option is missing. I can find 'Virus & Threat Protect' button from 'search' icon on task bar. And I got 'Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...
  7. Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC

Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC: Win11. No idea when, but Microsoft defender virus scanning option is missing. I can find 'Virus & Threat Protect' button from 'search' icon on task bar. And I got 'Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...
  8. defender offline scan fan is noisy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender offline scan fan is noisy: When the Windows defender offline scan is started, the fan makes a loud noise like a jet engine.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-offline-scan-fan-is-noisy/227d257b-bd7f-486e-ab58-708e3956e62f
  9. defender offline scan fan is noisy

defender offline scan fan is noisy: When the Windows defender offline scan is started, the fan makes a loud noise like a jet engine.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-offline-scan-fan-is-noisy/227d257b-bd7f-486e-ab58-708e3956e62f
  10. defender offline scan fan is noisy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging