Windows 10: Scanner app idle - HELP

Discus and support Scanner app idle - HELP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Cannon MF5770 print/copy/scanner. I updated to MS Windows 10 home. Ever since that, I can't scan. I open the app, my scanner is there but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MonicaTaylor1, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Scanner app idle - HELP

I have a Cannon MF5770 print/copy/scanner. I updated to MS Windows 10 home. Ever since that, I can't scan. I open the app, my scanner is there but the idle (thinking loop) continues. It never stops. It never stops and opens up completely. anyone else have this problem? Im completely frustrated.

:)

MonicaTaylor1, Jul 24, 2018
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Scanner app idle - HELP [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Scanner app idle - HELP

Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Scanner app idle - HELP

1. Scanner app idle - HELP - Similar Threads - Scanner app idle

2. QR scanner App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    QR scanner App: What is a good recommended QR scanner app for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qr-scanner-app/84f080f5-b3c6-45fc-9cfb-732ab350fd4e
  3. QR scanner App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QR scanner App: What is a good recommended QR scanner app for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qr-scanner-app/84f080f5-b3c6-45fc-9cfb-732ab350fd4e
  4. QR scanner App

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Help: I need an app or tool that can track activity & idle times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: I need an app or tool that can track activity & idle times: Hello, I am looking for an app that can automatically track my activity on my computer, specifically at which times and for how long I've been active and idle. I want to use this to see how much time I spend on my school projects and discover my personal study / break...
  6. scanner app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scanner app: We have upgraded to the scanner app in Microsoft 11.We have an Epson workforce 633 scanner. The scanner will not scan multiple pages and does not show the option 'feeder' to choose in the app. Options are only Flatbed and auto-configuration.Please help....
  7. scanner app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scanner app: We have upgraded to the scanner app in Microsoft 11.We have an Epson workforce 633 scanner. The scanner will not scan multiple pages and does not show the option 'feeder' to choose in the app. Options are only Flatbed and auto-configuration.Please help....
  8. WINDOWS 10 SCANNER APP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 SCANNER APP: I HAVE THE WINDOWS 10 SCANNER APP BUT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT AS TO WHERE SCANNED ITEMS END UP BE IT PICTURES OR DOCUMENTS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-scanner-app/2ec87bc0-062b-4d4b-a30a-eb840404b698
  9. Help wanted with decreasing idle ram.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help wanted with decreasing idle ram.: Hello everyone, I'm using a Lenovo laptop with 8GB available RAM. 3.2 GB is used while idle. I have stopped most programs from running in the background in Task Manager (the only running program is Windows Defender) and also changed the performance settings in "advanced...
  10. Scanner error after it has been idle for some time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner error after it has been idle for some time: Hello, We've recently upgraded our PC's from windows 7 to Windows10 and are using a KODAK i1420 scanner to scan documents and save them on our server. We scan multiple times per day, sometimes with a half hour interval in between. Since the upgrade, we've been getting a...