Windows 10: Scanner Driver problem

Discus and support Scanner Driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a scanner which works fine in win 7 32 bit. I installed the same driver in win 10 64 bit. It installed but did not work. What is the chance of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Jul 31, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

Scanner Driver problem

I have a scanner which works fine in win 7 32 bit. I installed the same driver in win 10 64 bit. It installed but did not work. What is the chance of its working if I install the same driver in win 10 32 bit or if I upgrade my win 7 (where it is working) to win 10?

:)

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jul 31, 2018
  3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Scanner Driver problem [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Scanner Driver problem

Problem with installing scanner

Hi Saro,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are glad to help you.

Please try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “troubleshoot scanner” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:

Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the scanner drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Scanner Driver problem

1. Scanner Driver problem - Similar Threads - Scanner Driver problem

2. Scanner problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner problem: I have Windows 7 & an HP OfficeJet printer. I can print, but suddenly I can't scan. Message says "No computer found" when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-problem/ef259c19-751b-44a7-8eea-732882e39a9d
  3. Scanner problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner problem: I have Windows 7 & an HP OfficeJet printer. I can print, but suddenly I can't scan. Message says "No computer found" when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-problem/ef259c19-751b-44a7-8eea-732882e39a9d
  4. Scanner problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner problem: Can someone please tell me how I can get my scanner visible to the computer. It sees my printer but not my scanner. When I try to scan it say to connect a scanner. I am using a brother printer scanner copier. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems like I spend more...
  5. Scanner problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanner problems: Yesterday, a new icon appeared on my bottom toolbar. It has a red X through it, and when I point at it, the message states "Scan to Computer is currently unavailable" I can still scan, but now I don't know where my scans are going. They used to appear on my desktop. I...
  6. Scanner Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner Drivers: I have down loaded a scanner driver for my Neat scanner. It shows up in the Apps but I cannot get it to install. I am Using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-drivers/361a6d02-2585-42d1-a9df-6dfb5e1a0a1a
  7. driver for scanner

driver for scanner: To use my scanner canon MP 240 on windows 10 I need a WIA drive I have tried several but no luck worked well on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-scanner/865b250c-c610-4cbc-b6b4-c0acb52676ff
  8. Scanner Problems

Scanner Problems: I have a problem with my scanner as it will not connect to my laptop as it shows on the screen ' computer cannot be found ' at present as it has worked before on 2 occasions Once when the laptop did a Feature Update When I changed the name of the laptop On both occasions...
  9. scanner problems

scanner problems: My printer prints by wifi but I cannot scan docs ***Moved from Insiders*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-problems/d654f949-5746-4106-b815-44bfc8bfb4f1
  10. problem with a scanner

problem with a scanner: I have a problem with Brother HL-3180CDW printer. When I used Windows 7, it worked OK. But I have upgraded to Windows 10 and currently Windows Defender blocks scanning. So, I cannot save the scanned documents and email them. My Windows version is 1803 (OS build 1734.228)....