Windows 10: Scanner issue

Discus and support Scanner issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Kodak 5200 all in one printer. The unit prints but won't scan to my laptop. AIO error ... then shuts down. Does anyone know of a fix? 6644 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Albert, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Albert Win User

Scanner issue

I have a Kodak 5200 all in one printer. The unit prints but won't scan to my laptop. AIO error ... then shuts down. Does anyone know of a fix?

:)

Albert, Jun 2, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Scanner Issue

Hi Anish,

This could be a hardware limitation. Are you running the latest update for Windows 10? Press
    Windows key + S and type winver then press
    Enter
    . We currently at 15063.540. Has it been like ever since you started switching to Windows 10? If not, what changes have been made to your system? If this has an issue right after you upgraded to Windows 10, then this may be a hardware
    issue.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Jun 2, 2015
  3. John Ado Win User
    Scanner Issue

Got it. It looks like a compatibility issue. The driver or the product doesn't seem to be cooperating well with Windows 10. You may contact the manufacturer to see if they have a workaround on this.

All the best.

John Ado, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Scanner issue

You probably need a new driver from Kodak that is Windows 10 compatible. Hopefully they will make one, however printer manufacturers are notorious for dropping support if the printer is no longer in production.

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
  5. Albert Win User
    I was on the phone with them so far there is no new driver as they themselves don't have the software yet.

Albert, Jun 2, 2015
  6. elbmek Win User
    damn. I have an HP photosmart 5520 all in one, it better work or else !!!

elbmek, Jun 2, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    Just tried my HP Bearpaw 1200 Cu scanner, Windows didn't find driver by itself although recognized it but drivers for Win 7 work fine.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2015
  8. Scanner issue

The printer works well, yes?

It's the scanning function that is not working - right?

Have you tried using either the
    Windows Fax & Scan application
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers > Faxor the Universal Scan app (either on Start or in the start list)

Scanners are rather simple devices, either there's a Mfr driver or it uses TWAIN.

I took a quick look at the trouble shooting in the guide below - not much there.
    Extended User Guide: KODAK ESP 5200 Series AIO Printer

I also found two softwares for the device, a driver and firmware. Check both against your installation, and update if required.
    Firmware: KODAK ESP 5250 AIO Printer
    KODAK AIO Printer Home Center Software (including drivers)

That's all I can think of now, good luck.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2015
  9. wyeknott Win User
    Well, I have a HP OfficeJet 8500 Premier and an HP OfficeJet 8630 PRO and I've tried installing the 8500 on my Windows 10 running in a VBOX Virtual Machine. The printer functions work fine but the setup for the Windows 8.1 software (closest one available) stalls during what I believe is the Scanner Setup. There are many different hardware options that are accessible via the front panel of the printer including scanner options.
    I've no idea how to recover from this and I'm not going to sacrifice a PC to the Trial.

Anybody else experience this and have a fix?

wyeknott, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Scanner issue

1. Scanner issue - Similar Threads - Scanner issue

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue: Good afternoon,I was running the Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.407 full scan and it showed there were 5 infected files when it was scanning but when the scan completed it said, "No infection found". Is this normal behavior of the tool?...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Issue: Good afternoon,I was running the Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.407 full scan and it showed there were 5 infected files when it was scanning but when the scan completed it said, "No infection found". Is this normal behavior of the tool?...
  4. scanner issue with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scanner issue with windows 11: Just purchased Xerox c235 printer/scanner. Worked good for a couple of days and then scanner quit working. Contacted Xerox and they said that it was caused by windows. Will there be a fix soon, or do I just have a new printer with no scanner? I am running Windows 11.Dave...
  5. scanner issue with windows 11

scanner issue with windows 11: Just purchased Xerox c235 printer/scanner. Worked good for a couple of days and then scanner quit working. Contacted Xerox and they said that it was caused by windows. Will there be a fix soon, or do I just have a new printer with no scanner? I am running Windows 11.Dave...
  6. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Printer/scanner issues: I have a basic HP 2700 All In One Printer/Scanner. Problem. getting it to print. It likes to give me the run around now and then....again it won't print. I've run the course with trouble shooting. uninstalled/reinstalled. It's stating its on metered/offline...thats new. It...
  7. HP Printer/scanner issues

HP Printer/scanner issues: I have a basic HP 2700 All In One Printer/Scanner. Problem. getting it to print. It likes to give me the run around now and then....again it won't print. I've run the course with trouble shooting. uninstalled/reinstalled. It's stating its on metered/offline...thats new. It...
  8. HP Printer/scanner issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...: After a recent reset of my two-year-old Dell Inspiron 15 5515 updated to Windows 11 Home, where I cleaned the drive to start fresh no backups, Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works, where after the initial touch, I get the error message: I've tried searching on Google for...
  10. Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a fresh install of Windows 11 Home 64bit fix issues with the fingerprint scanner on my...: After a recent reset of my two-year-old Dell Inspiron 15 5515 updated to Windows 11 Home, where I cleaned the drive to start fresh no backups, Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works, where after the initial touch, I get the error message: I've tried searching on Google for...