Windows 10: Scanner on VM guest

Discus and support Scanner on VM guest in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; deleted not ready to post 48121 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Fafhrd, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Fafhrd Win User

Scanner on VM guest

deleted not ready to post

:)

Fafhrd, Apr 22, 2016

2. Hyper-V on Windows 10 version 1703 - VM's freeze for 2-3 minutes during each Turn Off, Shut Down, Pause, Reset, or Restart, whether initiated from Host or Guest

Do you have your VMs saving state when being shut down?

I know when I reboot my host, the guest VMs will write out to disk as that's the option I have set for them. This can delay a reboot/shutdown by a couple minutes when it happens.

I've never had that happen when shutting down just the guest VM in my setup, but just put it out there as something that could be happening in yours.

IJustHelping, Apr 22, 2016
  3. BPZ
    BPZ Win User
    port win 10 on local vm

- Bought a refurbished machine with win 10 + digital entitlement (most probably after win 8 upgrade)

- Created a vm via vmware as "image" of the physical system

- The vm win10 guest seemed to have no activation problems on win10 host

Problems come when launching the vm on linux host (same physical machine): the win10 guest is not able to activate. Besides this causes a bunch of key/mouse etc.. driver unsolvable problems.

All this was pretty easy with pid oem licences (e.g. w7). How can that be solved, if it could?

Thanks for reading

P

Thema:

Scanner on VM guest

1. Scanner on VM guest - Similar Threads - Scanner guest

2. Microsoft safety scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner: Hi,The Microsoft safety scanner has been stuck on one file, windows-defender-ma... Can't see the rest for about 3h now.It's what I presume to be the last file and it has collectively been running for 13h 44minIs that normal or should I cancel and start over?...
  3. Microsoft safety scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft safety scanner: Hi,The Microsoft safety scanner has been stuck on one file, windows-defender-ma... Can't see the rest for about 3h now.It's what I presume to be the last file and it has collectively been running for 13h 44minIs that normal or should I cancel and start over?...
  4. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  5. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  6. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  7. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  8. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  9. Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan

Window Safety Scanner Stuck after full scan: Hi, I run my window safety scanner this morning and it found infected files alot, then after it scanned all the drives, it showed me like this and keep stuck here. my computer been scanned by malwarebytes anf iobit protection but showed nothing malware files or trojan before...
  10. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...