Windows 10: Scanner stopped working

Discus and support Scanner stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My scanner Canon mg2922 stopped working after update. Any help appreciated! Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rico Läge, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Scanner stopped working

My scanner Canon mg2922 stopped working after update. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

:)

Rico Läge, Aug 2, 2018
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Scanner stopped working [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Scanner stopped working

Scanner stopped working in Windows 10

Original title: Window 10 & Kodak 5250 printer/scanner

Running Windows 10, using Kodak 5250 printer/scanner. Printer works fine but scanner says "Kodak AiO Host Director has stopped working" when activated. Have downloaded all newest drivers from Kodak...Looked and tried all suggestions from Community and it
    still won't scan.... Any other ideas????

weasil1974, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Scanner stopped working

1. Scanner stopped working - Similar Threads - Scanner stopped working

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: I have Windows 10 on my Acer Swift 3 laptop. I have been using the fingerprint scanner to log in without a problem until it suddenly disappeared as an option yesterday and I was forced to sign in with my PIN:I went to device manager and opened the fingerprint scanner...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: I have Windows 10 on my Acer Swift 3 laptop. I have been using the fingerprint scanner to log in without a problem until it suddenly disappeared as an option yesterday and I was forced to sign in with my PIN:I went to device manager and opened the fingerprint scanner...
  4. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason: my fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason. I deleted the fingerprints and try to set up again but this time it gives some error and cant set up fingerprints. I tried to delete and reinstall the driver but it didn't solved my problem. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  6. fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason: Het my fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason. I deleted the fingerprints and try to set up again but this time it gives some error and cant set up fingerprints. I tried to delete and reinstall the driver but it didn't solved my problem. Any suggestions? submitted...
  7. Samsung CLX3185 Scanner Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung CLX3185 Scanner Stopped Working: Samsung CLX3185 printer scanner stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update 1909 for x64. I've rebooted 5-6 times, reloaded the printer driver twice. The printer works, but it will not scan any longer. Anyone got any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  8. My canon scanner/printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My canon scanner/printer stopped working: My Canon MG6220 Printer /scanner stopped working after windows update. Helpppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-scannerprinter-stopped-working/aac933d7-f3ce-4f96-ba4a-2000b6695490
  9. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: It happened after Windows update, the fingerprint scanner is not working anymore. Could you help me fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-stopped-working/d9920bcf-d5ce-4abf-ab6b-9b1552a68948
  10. canon mg2922 scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    canon mg2922 scanner stopped working: after windows update! please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-mg2922-scanner-stopped-working/bca69dce-54ae-4f8f-b927-e42b5794d1dc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson smart scan has stopped working after windows update