Windows 10: Scanner will not start

Discus and support Scanner will not start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Epson'V330 Perfection' has been working fine until few days ago, since then when using the desktop shortcut it will not start, all that happens is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bobbyboy, May 30, 2017.

1. Bobbyboy Win User

Scanner will not start

My Epson'V330 Perfection' has been working fine until few days ago, since then when using the desktop shortcut it will not start, all that happens is the icon briefly appears in the task bar then disappears.I have checked the cable which seems OK, the scanner switches on Ok all looks fin but I am unable to use it?
    I have also reinstalled everything including uptodate driver, it the tells me all is OK, but still it will not start!!Any suggestions.System Info:OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bitProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3Processor Count: 4RAM: 8001 MbGraphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MbHard Drives: C: 922 GB (796 GB Free); D: 111 GB (62 GB Free); E: 298 GB (248 GB Free);Motherboard: Packard Bell, iMedia S2885Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

:)

Bobbyboy, May 30, 2017

2. scanner won't start

I am trying to run a virus scan with Windows Defender but it says "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" What is this and how to I get it straightened out?

Royal LePageLandmart-1, May 30, 2017
  3. scanners don't start

There was a firmware update released earlier this year, which was released right around the time of Windows 10 1703. It might contain fixes for your scanner that might enable compatibility:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.asp...

Andre Da Costa, May 30, 2017
  4. Scanner will not start

Hi Bobbyboy

When you say you re-installed everything and it says okay does this mean you checked the driver in device manager and the device is reporting correctly as an Epson Scanner? It also shows correctly in Devices?

Since it started only a few days ago I would suggest you head to Windows update history and see exactly what has been installed on your behalf in the last five days.

I would also try starting the program again and noting time. Then head to event viewer and see is anything is being logged related to scanner or software.

Could you share what version / build you are using for Windows 10?

I would recommend you have a Image backup created with a tool like Macrium Reflect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    Two simple suggestions first...

1) Try switching USB ports
    1) Try using a different cable

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Scanner will not start

1. Scanner will not start - Similar Threads - Scanner start

2. Windows 10 won't let Epson scanner start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't let Epson scanner start.: Running windows 10, Epson scanner will not start. I have deleted all Epson files and reinstalled the driver , 3 times. Once with Epson on the phone. When you check the status of the scanner it says it is operating correctly something like that. When you click on the app it...
  3. Windows 10 won't let Epson scanner start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't let Epson scanner start.: Running windows 10, Epson scanner will not start. I have deleted all Epson files and reinstalled the driver , 3 times. Once with Epson on the phone. When you check the status of the scanner it says it is operating correctly something like that. When you click on the app it...
  4. Windows 10 won't let Epson scanner start.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 - Scanner needs to be powered on when windows starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scanner needs to be powered on when windows starts.: WIndows 11 Home edition, Canoscan 5600F Scanner.If I wish to scan a document, I need to have the scanner powered on and connected when I start my PC. If I do this then everything works fine. If I power on the scanner after windows has started, then my scanner program will...
  6. Windows 11 - Scanner needs to be powered on when windows starts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Scanner needs to be powered on when windows starts.: WIndows 11 Home edition, Canoscan 5600F Scanner.If I wish to scan a document, I need to have the scanner powered on and connected when I start my PC. If I do this then everything works fine. If I power on the scanner after windows has started, then my scanner program will...
  7. finger scanner or finger print on my windows 10 says Windows cannot start this hardware...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger scanner or finger print on my windows 10 says Windows cannot start this hardware...: finger scanner or fingerprint on my windows 10 says Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  8. Why doesn't my Canon scanner appear in my Start menu?

Why doesn't my Canon scanner appear in my Start menu?: My scanner is attached and working: it appears in Settings --> Printers and Scanners. It does not appear in my Start list, so I don't know how to access it. I have updated the drivers. Any suggestions?...
  9. WIA stuck in Starting status. Unable to connect my scanner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIA stuck in Starting status. Unable to connect my scanner: Since installing new computer with Windows 10 the WIA stuck in Starting status. Unable to connect my scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wia-stuck-in-starting-status-unable-to-connect-my/b058efa4-7eab-4314-8c77-e38ae0c19c9b
  10. Epson XP760 Scanner Software Will Not Start

Epson XP760 Scanner Software Will Not Start: Hello. OS Windows 10Pro version 1809 OS Build 17763.475 Scanner driver 4.0.1.1 I have a XP760 and the scanner shortcut has stopped working. When I click on the shortcut its icon flickers on the taskbar but the software does not open. I have uninstalled it and...