Windows 10: Scanning a ISO File and Bootable Anti-Virus

Discus and support Scanning a ISO File and Bootable Anti-Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am downloading an ISO File from the official Microsoft Website (Windows 10 Insider Builds). My PC is infected which could result in the ISO File... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MSMPlayz Win User

Scanning a ISO File and Bootable Anti-Virus

I am downloading an ISO File from the official Microsoft Website (Windows 10 Insider Builds). My PC is infected which could result in the ISO File being infected and injected by a infection.. Can anyone help me to scan this ISO File before I install the Build onto my PC. After I do that, I will use a Bootable Anti-Virus, please recommend a Bootable Anti-Virus to me.
    Thanks in advance,
    MSM
    *Wink

:)

MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015
  2. raveclash Win User

Windows 10 Critical__Structure_Corruption(win32k.sys)

OK, update

I was able to boot into safe mode by downloading an windows 10 ISO file(from microsoft) and creating a bootable USB and booting to that and getting to the command prompt so crisis averted.

ive uninstalled AVAST and installed AVG (Free) Anti-Virus in its place. is there a better (free) anti-virus? i remember AVG being pretty good

raveclash, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Should I wipe drive before reinstalling windows 10

Ok, I managed to reinstall windows. A bit of a concern is that I had downloaded 'Windows 10 installation media' iso file when computer was infected - actually I had already scanned with multiple anti virus and removed I hope all bad stuff before downloading
    iso file.

I have no other computer, but I guess chances iso file got infected is slim from what I've read, correct?

Thanks!

karlsultana8, Dec 14, 2015
  4. MSMPlayz Win User

Actually, downgrading to Windows 8.1, same instructions but different version of Windows.

MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    You would be much safer to download it on another computer which is not infected. You can also run these 'online' scanners to help.
    Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:
    Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
    ESET online scanner:
    Free Virus Scan | ESET Online Scanner ESET
    Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET
    Superantispyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
    Malwarebytes
    Malwarebytes | Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    When installing, uncheck the start trial real time scanning and just use it as an on demand scanner

essenbe, Dec 14, 2015
  6. MSMPlayz Win User
    Ehh, I do not have another PC. Don't recommend super anti-spyware. Everything else is alright but it's not related to the question. Anyone else that can help me do achieve this (Installing Windows 10 Home over night (Forget 8.1 and Insider Builds)).

MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    I always recommend Superantispyware, and use it regularly. It will find stuff nothing else will. If running anti root kit and virus scanners is not related to scanning for viruses, I guess I don't understand your question. I'm sure you know someone with a computer that would download it for you. You are going to be much safer doing that than trying to scan it. Maybe someone else will come along and give you the answers you want.

essenbe, Dec 14, 2015
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

9. I don't believe the .iso file can become infected, unless you were to open and edit it.

If you were that worried about it, you'd find access to another computer to be 100% certain. Let's assume it could be infected...it could be done after you scanned the file on an infected computer. So, to be sure, your best bet is to find another computer, like a friend or relative's.

DeaconFrost, Dec 14, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Why don't you just remove this virus?? I wouldn't even think about doing anything on my computer until I removed ANY virus that was on it. My #1 concern would be, removing the virus or malware FRIST!!! Guess I'm missing something here. *sarc

OldMike65, Dec 14, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    Some people keep a virus as a pet - lol

12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

This is what lot's of techies use in the business to clean suspect gear:

https://www.comodo.com/business-secu...e3c948ca8da3d2

An ISO file does not get infected IME unless the virus is specifically written to do so.

LOL. Just feed it some files every now and then, right ? *Biggrin

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 14, 2015
  13. MSMPlayz Win User

Cheers, liking keeping the virus as a virtual pet! Ok, let me get serious here, if I extract the contents with 7-Zip and then scan it with avast or MBAM, will that work or do some files (e.g. The Virus) remain in the ISO rather than the extracted folder. Basically, if I use a tool like WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract then scan with an anti-virus, will that work?

MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015
  14. MSMPlayz Win User
    WHS, I don't think that virus total can scan a file of 3.7 gigs.

MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015
  15. MSMPlayz Win User
    I have access to another PC but do not have the permission to download and install software such as .exe downloads or software like rufus that need administrator permission.
    Wish I could buy another PC but I don't has thy moneh.

MSMPlayz, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Scanning a ISO File and Bootable Anti-Virus - Similar Threads - Scanning ISO File

2. Anti Virus Scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anti Virus Scans: My HP laptop has Windows 11. I am always being asked to do a quick anti virus security scan which takes hours to complete if at all. I have windows 11 security in S Mode. My security updates are paused for 1 week don't know why this is but I can't change it I won't go on any...
  3. Anti Virus Scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anti Virus Scans: My HP laptop has Windows 11. I am always being asked to do a quick anti virus security scan which takes hours to complete if at all. I have windows 11 security in S Mode. My security updates are paused for 1 week don't know why this is but I can't change it I won't go on any...
  4. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  5. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  6. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Anti-virus deleted file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anti-virus deleted file: The anti-virus protection wrongfully deleted a very important file I had spent a lot of time and money creating. I have looked in all of my folders including recycling but cannot find it anywhere. Can someone help me?...
  8. Anti-virus deleted file

Anti-virus deleted file: The anti-virus protection wrongfully deleted a very important file I had spent a lot of time and money creating. I have looked in all of my folders including recycling but cannot find it anywhere. Can someone help me?...
  9. Anti Virus Scan Fail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anti Virus Scan Fail.: Due to COVID-19, my daughters are off school doing blended learning. A teacher has recently set up work on Minecraft Education Edition asking us to download it and complete the instructions. We have signed up and everything, but when trying to download the actual programme...
  10. How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?: For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically? Does anyone have any suggestions?...