Windows 10: Scanning and repairing constant stuck on

Discus and support Scanning and repairing constant stuck on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Asus computer relatively unused, windows 8 has been stuck on scanning on repairing. no matter what I do restart or leave it for a day it is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnythingIDK, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Scanning and repairing constant stuck on

Asus computer relatively unused, windows 8 has been stuck on scanning on repairing. no matter what I do restart or leave it for a day it is still stuck.

The full screen is a loading screen with the caption:

"Scanning and repairing drive (\\?\Volume{f7a7bad6-c587-49d5-afc5-d9d7af628978}): 75% complete"

restarting it from here just gives me an auto repair caption than a black screen that I can run my cursor around on

what can I do?

:)

AnythingIDK, Jul 22, 2017

2. acer aspire stuck on Scanning and repairing drive

so i have a acer aspire computer and its stuck at Scanning and repairing drive (CScanning and repairing constant stuck on :): 3% complete. every time i start my pc it always start the check and it doesn't say for me to press any key to skip it. i
    had it on all last night and it never changed past 3%. i don't know how to get past it. and i don't have a windows disk or anything. if anyone can help me that will be appreciated.

creepergaming25, Jul 22, 2017
  3. acer aspire stuck on Scanning and repairing drive

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing when trying to boot up your computer can occur due to several reasons such as corrupted/missing system files, bad sectors on your hard disk, etc. We recommend that you boot your computer in safe mode so that you can
    troubleshoot the issue. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Start your system.
    • After your computer shows its original equipment manufacturer's logo, perform a hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button until your computer shuts down.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Start your system again. This time, Windows will boot into the Windows 10 Repair Environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Settings, then click restart.
    • When your computer restarts, press the corresponding key for safe mode to boot your computer in safe mode.

Once you're able to boot into safe mode, kindly run the System File Checker tool and the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. The System File Checker tool
    and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool check if there are corrupted system files on your computer. If the
    System File Checker tool detects incorrect, corrupted, or damaged system files, it replaces them with the correct file versions. If it cannot repair the issue, the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool will try to fix as many errors as possible. To run the said tools, kindly follow the steps in this article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot
    . Remember to thoroughly read the instructions.

Also, try checking your local disk for any errors while in safe mode. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the File Explorer.
    • On the left panel, click on This PC.
    • Right-click on your local disk (C:, D:, E:, etc.), then click on Properties.
    • Select the Tools tab, then click on Check.
    • Click on Scan drive. If errors are found, click on Scan and repair drive, then follow the on-screen instructions to repair your disk. Once done, check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you've tried the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

Scanning and repairing constant stuck on

1. Scanning and repairing constant stuck on - Similar Threads - Scanning repairing constant

2. "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.: Hello,I was inserting a USB drive I needed to use and it said that it needed to be scanned for fixes/repairs. I clicked it, and it's been 30+ minutes, and it hasn't moved. It got to about 30% complete, then it stopped completely. Are there any fixes to this or am I safe to...
  3. "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Scanning and Repairing" stuck for USB Drive.: Hello,I was inserting a USB drive I needed to use and it said that it needed to be scanned for fixes/repairs. I clicked it, and it's been 30+ minutes, and it hasn't moved. It got to about 30% complete, then it stopped completely. Are there any fixes to this or am I safe to...
  4. Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Scanning and repairing Drive C: My pc is stuck in a loop just turning on and off when I get the error „Scanning and reparing drive C:…” It just keeps booting up and showing the error and after that it just shuts itself off and on. This started when I tried to reset my pc to factory settings....
  5. Scanning and repairing drive is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive is stuck: So when i ran checkdisc i ran it so it would scan on restart. So i restarted my computer and it started doing scanning and repairing drive. Right now its saying scanning and repairing drive (\??\SystemPartition). It is stuck at 11% right now. My hard drive activity led has...
  6. Scanning and repairing drive stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanning and repairing drive stuck: Hi, I have an Asus X556U laptop with 1 TB HDD and I just ran the chkdsk command, now it is Scanning and Repairing drive (C:) but it is stuck at 13%. If I restart my laptop it is persisting by repeating the scan and repair process. How can I cancel this operation? Thank you....
  7. Scanning & Repairing stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning & Repairing stuck?: "Scanning and Repairing Drive E: 9% Complete" has been running for about 11 hours now. Not sure if this is normal or if there is something I should do to abort this. 77398
  8. Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck Scanning and Repairing Drive.: I have been patiently waiting for a period of 1 hour looking at the screen of my laptop. At this present moment, Windows is stuck 'Scanning and Repairing Drive D: 9% Complete'. Can anyone help me? Kind Regards, MSM 36579
  9. scanning and repairing drive stuck

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scanning and repairing drive stuck: soo today i turned onn my laptop and some programs didnt work. So i decided to do a dick check and repair. it god stuck at 6% for about half an hour i rebooted several times but it kept stoping at 6%. Now i left it scanning for almost 2 hours and it's still at 6% 73233
  10. Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing Drive Stuck!: Hi, My PC has been Scanning and repairing my drive for the past 24 hours and it is stuck at 14%. This is the second time that I waited the next day for it to complete, but it stays at 14%. In that instance, I just hard reboot the machine and then I skip the disk check /...