Windows 10: Scanning to a Searchable PDF file

Discus and support Scanning to a Searchable PDF file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For years I have used my HP Photosmart 2570 All in One Printer to scan printed documents to a searchable PDF file often--at least once a week. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJG10, Apr 27, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Scanning to a Searchable PDF file

For years I have used my HP Photosmart 2570 All in One Printer to scan printed documents to a searchable PDF file often--at least once a week. That device is now showing signs of its age and begs to be replaced.

I have been looking at all sorts of printers/scanners and have found none the salesmen know if they will do what I want. Does anyone here know of such a printer that is on the market? I know the HP 4520 will not do it.

Thank you very much.

:)

JJG10, Apr 27, 2017

2. Printer/Scanner Problem after Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Ashwin:

My problem was partially fixed. I downloaded the Brother drivers and used CC4 to scan and create a PDF. The problem with CC4 is (1) it does not have a text searchable PDF option (which PaperPort had) and (2) the optional settings aren't as versatile when
    scanning photos.

I still need a program compatible with Windows 10 that will interface with my DCP 8155-DN printer/scanner and allow me to (1) create text searchable PDFs and (2) change settings to allow better resolution etc. when scanning photos.

Thanks!

Wrassefish, Apr 27, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    scanning multiple pages into a single PDF file

Hi Stephen, your scanner does not have the capability to scan multiple pages to PDF. this functionality is also lacking in Windows 10

You will need a 3rd party app to be able to scan multiple pages to a PDF

A really good and free options is NAPS2 - Not Another PDF Scanner!

It is fully featured, can scan multiple pages into a PDF, it can OCR the text, so the resulting PDF has searchable text, not just images - this keeps the file size down

NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2)

DaveM121, Apr 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I use the HP Officejet 8600, HP LaserJet Pro MFP M26nw [both Networked via Ethernet cable to my Router] with Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader DC. Adobe Reader DC can do a Search on files created by Adobe Acrobat.

Berton, Apr 27, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Whoops! My bad. I looked in the HP Solution Center and found an entry to scan to a searchable PDF file. Am a happy camper now.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Scanning to a Searchable PDF file - Similar Threads - Scanning Searchable PDF

2. Files aren't searchable in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files aren't searchable in onedrive: My organisation has a big one drive folder with all of our files in, I need to search through the folder daily however my search gives no results unless I download every file off the onedrive folder, which was fine for a few weeks but today I've turned my laptop on and 80% of...
  3. Files aren't searchable in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files aren't searchable in onedrive: My organisation has a big one drive folder with all of our files in, I need to search through the folder daily however my search gives no results unless I download every file off the onedrive folder, which was fine for a few weeks but today I've turned my laptop on and 80% of...
  4. Files aren't searchable in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Scanning as a pdf file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning as a pdf file.: I have Microsoft 10. My Windows fax and Scan will not offer me the option to scan documents as pdf nor to save them as such once scanned. I have tried the option of uninstalling and reinstalling but this has not helped. \i would be grateful for any ideas...
  6. Scanning documents to PDF file

Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  7. Scanning into one PDF file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning into one PDF file: I don't know how to scan multiple pages into one PDF file using the Windows Scanner app. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-into-one-pdf-file/7d6d8d1a-2c81-4a92-8409-ba3b94ce18a4
  8. Scan to PDF

Scan to PDF: Why doesn't my scanner have a file type of PDF? I wanted to scan a document to a PDF file and attach to an e-mail. And, it's a pretty big file. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/392dda99-0855-4978-90d6-bc123c60657f"
  9. Scan to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan to PDF: Why can I not scan to a .pdf file? Is it possible to scan multiples pages into one document? I don't see an option to make that happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/0d2d5cd1-f78e-48ca-b40c-04c0de4d33a4
  10. How can I make an Edge PDF searchable?

How can I make an Edge PDF searchable?: How can I make an Edge PDF searchable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-make-an-edge-pdf-searchable/1d927521-1a74-4297-adf1-fb870e0f8689