Windows 10: Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix.

Discus and support Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; (windows10) I've seen a lot of forum post about this in the past. They all get solved but I am yet to find a solution. I have no idea what it is or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Enhanced, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Enhanced Win User

Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix.

(windows10) I've seen a lot of forum post about this in the past. They all get solved but I am yet to find a solution. I have no idea what it is or where it comes from. I think it might be a hidden windows backup that was uncovered when I ran an emulator. I haven't given any programs (other than security programs) administrative privileges in a while. I only download legitimate and legal programs and only give programs administrative privileges when they're from a CD/ steam or are a trusted security program. I typically use legal portable programs to avoid getting rooted.

Here is the drive in question (note there is no security tab under properties, I also can't open/delete the drive):

Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix. [​IMG]

I've tried restarting but it still persists...

It doesn't show up under disk management, it only shows up under: 'diskpart' and then: 'list volume':

Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix. [​IMG]

subst shows nothing.

Is this (ZScetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix. :) drive harmful? Can it be fixed? Should I just hide it/ ignore it?

:)

Enhanced, Jul 12, 2016
  2. ASHIK M Win User

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing, what is local disk (z)

ASHIK M, Jul 12, 2016
  3. RobRue Win User
    new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

Solved... at least for me.

I tried some of the other suggested methods to get rid of "local disk (z) with no success.

However, a simple System Restore to an earlier version removed the mystery disk Z: completely.

RobRue, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Enhanced Win User

[UPDATE] I checked the power option on the start menu and there was an option to 'Shut down and update'. This wasn't there before so it must have just been pushed out to fix some bugs, this being one of them.

[SOLVED: Bug fixed/updated by Microsoft]

Enhanced, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Scetchy 'Local Disk (Z:)' Appeared from nowhere, need a fix. - Similar Threads - Scetchy 'Local Disk

2. "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management: Hello, I searched everywhere for a solution but I can't find one, so here's what happened During an installation of a game, I ran out of memory on my hard drive, which is showing up as "Local Disk C:" and I have no other Local Disks. So I deleted some files I didn't need to...
  3. A file with the name "Local Disk D_11920221153" appeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file with the name "Local Disk D_11920221153" appeared?: I just added a new ssd storage on my laptop with “local disk e”. then i move all data on “local disk d” to “e” then delete all contents of “local disk d”. after that i use easeus partition master to combine “local disk c” with “d” then change “local disk e” letter to “d”. so...
  4. A file with the name "Local Disk D_11920221153" appeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A file with the name "Local Disk D_11920221153" appeared?: I just added a new ssd storage on my laptop with “local disk e”. then i move all data on “local disk d” to “e” then delete all contents of “local disk d”. after that i use easeus partition master to combine “local disk c” with “d” then change “local disk e” letter to “d”. so...
  5. Local Disk Z automatically created.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk Z automatically created.: Today I noticed a new disk partition appeared named Local Disk z. The size of this partition is 100MB. And I can't access it. What is this ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-z-automatically-created/f1752637-2ef7-4492-850e-62ca2b9123cb
  6. Keyboard language appearing from nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language appearing from nowhere: Dear all, With the last update of Windows 10, a third language appears in my keyboards without my permission. The major problem though, is that I can not even remove it, as it is not shown neither in English or Greek Language. [ATTACH]...
  7. New G drive appeared from nowhere

New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...
  8. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...
  9. What is local disk Z?

What is local disk Z?: I see drive C and drive D, but don't know what local disk Z is . It's 256 mb in size, and about half full. I can't open it to see what's on there since I get a message, "permission denied." It's been there for a long time, but I'm just now getting curious. 73905
  10. local disk z

in Windows 10 Support
    local disk z: When I restarted my laptop I saw local disk z came from somewhere now I want to get rid of that 71510