Windows 10: Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888

Discus and support Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so I'm travelling right now and decided to stop at Hilton, I decided to take my Asus ROG laptop with me. It was kinda of a pain trying to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, May 19, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888

Okay so I'm travelling right now and decided to stop at Hilton, I decided to take my Asus ROG laptop with me. It was kinda of a pain trying to connect to their HHonor Wifi but I did however I noticed 25 errors each for event ID 36884 and 36888.

Here are the logs

The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name we were expecting is BN4SCH101120815.wns.windows.com. The SSL connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.

The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name we were expecting is client.wns.windows.com. The SSL connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.

A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 43. The Windows SChannel error state is 552.

Was this caused by the hotel wifi?

:)

Redbatman, May 19, 2017
  2. Reb14 Win User

Schannel Event 36888

Although, I had design issues with Windows 8.1, I never had any technical issues.

I had no issues with my Verizon Wi-Fi before I upgraded to Windows 10. So...I am wondering by your comment if you are saying Windows 10 requires some update with Wi-Fi drivers? If yes, what do I do to update them?

It is possible I could have an issue with Kaspersky. I say this because when I did my update the only problem I encountered was that Kaspersky disappeared. I posted an issue, but in the meantime, I did a chat with Kaspersky and they suggested I uninstall
    all Kaspersky programs/files and they gave me a link to reinstall. I thought all was working as expected until I realized my computer would stop mid-stream and not respond for 30 secs to 1 minute while doing things on the internet. Frankly, I thought it
    could be an issue with edge and opted to I.E. , but then when I looked at my events views when this happened 4 times in about an hours...and then I saw in Events Viewer the error was a schannel event

But it might be Kaspersky...? Is it possible Kaspersky is not compatible with Windows 10? If so that is a big issue. I just bought a new Dell (yet to be delivered) and I don't want the same issue on it when I get it and go to set it up.

Please advise.

Jeff

Reb14, May 19, 2017
  3. Reb14 Win User
    Schannel Event 36888

Is anyone going to help me with this??? I am still having issues. I have another computer on order. If I can't get support, I will cancel my order for another option....Please assist!

Reb14, May 19, 2017
Thema:

Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888

1. Schannel Event ID 36884 and 36888 - Similar Threads - Schannel Event 36884

2. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  3. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  6. Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error

Schannel Event ID 36871 TLS Error: Hello all,I have a Windows Server 2016 that host MDT, and its been getting flooded with Schannel Error every few seconds. Error description: "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10011."Currently I only have TLS 1.2...
  7. Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022

Enable schannel event logging in windows Server 2022: Hey there,how can I enable logging in windows Server 2022? The only official link I could find is this onehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/webapps/iis/health-diagnostic-performance/enable-schannel-event-logging#more-informationwhich does not explicitly...
  8. Schannel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Schannel: After some update on February 24, 2021 I have been getting some errors regarding TLS client credential. The event viewer states "A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10013." The last time I ever received this according to...
  9. Schannel event id 36871

in Windows 10 Support
    Schannel event id 36871: I hope this is the right place to ask this question. This Schannel event id 36871 started happening yesterday. It only happens when I turn my computer on after being off all night. It recorded another event this morning when I turned on my computer. What I need to know is my...
  10. Event 36871,Schannel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 36871,Schannel: Recently, Ive been getting these errors in the log files, regarding Schannel, Event 36871 while creating a TLS client credential, Microsoft event 10013. I do not have a server connected to my home network, only use Microsoft Office Outlook for mail. I have followed post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 event 36884

2. Windows event id 36884

3. Windows id 36884 server 2016

4. windows 10 Schannel event id 36884