Windows 10: Schedule Update Downloads

Discus and support Schedule Update Downloads in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Update Downloads are killing my streaming TV performance. I can't use the metered network option as it will slow my TV streaming. How can I control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LostJohn, Jan 31, 2016.

1. LostJohn Win User

Schedule Update Downloads

Update Downloads are killing my streaming TV performance.
    I can't use the metered network option as it will slow my TV streaming.
    How can I control when Update Downloads take place?

:)

LostJohn, Jan 31, 2016

2. How to schedule Windows Update Downloads.

Please see if these instructions on uploading files to your OneDrive help.

1. Copy all files to be uploaded to a single location or folder in Windows Explorer.

2. Click on this link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

3. Click Upload.

4. Navigate in Windows Explorer to the location where you placed the file(s).

5. Place the cursor on the file to be uploaded and click the
    Open button.

6. You need to repeat steps 3 to 5 for each file where you are uploading more than one file.

7. Move the cursor over each file to be shared, check the box in the top right corner of the file and click
    Share.

8. Click Get a link and use the scroll to change the entry under
    Choose an option from View only to
    Public.

9. Click the Create link button.

10. Click Shorten link.

11. Place the cursor in the link in the box under Public, and right click. Selectfrom the drop down menuSelect All,
    and then select Copy to place the address in your Clipboard.

12. Place the cursor in an open message here, right click and select
    Paste.

13. When you paste links into a message here please go to the end of the link, press the
    space bar and then the ENTER key. It enables another person to open the link more easily. The link in the message should change to blue.

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 31, 2016
  3. How to schedule Windows Update Downloads.

Ledsd

I do not have a problem with Windows 10 update!

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, which updates are causing difficulty?
    Windows updates- drivers and security updates?
    or
    Windows App updates?

The first isn't so frequent, so I'm surprised this is noticeable.

What Microsoft has allowed is that users of the home edition can disable the automatic update of Apps through the Windows Store.

If you have the Home edition, you cannot defer Windows Updates.

Note that app updates are controlled by a scheduled task, so you could amend its parameters so the updates are done at a time suitable for you.

Schedule Update Downloads [​IMG]

If you wished, you could in principle create a task to disable and enable the windows update service, so that updates were not delivered at inconvenient times.

For reference:
    Store Update Apps Automatically - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows Update - Defer Upgrades in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You may find more of interest in the Tutorials section.

Note: The group policy editor is only available in the Pro edition. However, a quick search will show you a way to enable this (supposedly) in the Home edition.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Schedule Update Downloads - Similar Threads - Schedule Update Downloads

2. Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates: The other thread was locked so I thought I'd start a new one. Has any progress been made on the ability to schedule downloads of Windows updates during a certain time period? It can't be that hard, the feature used to be in Windows 7. Please note that I am NOT talking...
  3. Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update

Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update: Hello! Is any way to configure Windows Update manually, to get updates DOWNLOAD & INSTALL on specific day? I do not want that Windows Updates will be downloaded and installed during standard work day. I would like that Windows will do it only on the weekend, e.g. on...
  4. Scheduling time for update downloads

Scheduling time for update downloads: I am on a metered satellite connection and wish to have all giant windows updates 1GByte size, etc. take place between 2AM and 8AM when my service offers me ten times more monthly download capacity than between 8AM and 2AM. I seem to remember that there was a download...
  5. Schedule Downloading of Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Schedule Downloading of Windows 10 Update: I have a metered internet plan with a free download period from 3am to 6am local time to me. The metered limit to my plan is 12 GB and I need it for my normal uses. How do I schedule the downloads of Microsoft product updates to my free download time period? thank you...
  6. How to schedule Windows Update download times

How to schedule Windows Update download times: Hi guys, Due to where I live I have a broadband satellite internet connection which still have a peak and off-peak download quota. My issue is MS Windows Update downloads keep blowing out my peak download quota as the peak time is 7am to 2am. I would like to know if I can...
  7. How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages

How to schedule the download time for Windows Update packages: How can I schedule the download time for Windows Update so that it only downloads during Off Peak data times, typically 01:00 to 07:00 with my satellite broadband provider Please note that I am not asking to schedule the restart, only the downloading of the update packages....
  8. How to schedule windows update download time?

How to schedule windows update download time?: Windows updates are chewing my data, i want to schedule them to download at night during off-peak period Windows 7 could do this why did it get removed in Windows 10?...
  9. Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?

Can I schedule the time Windows downloads updates?: The title pretty much says it all. I want Windows to download updates between 2 and 8 am. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-schedule-the-time-windows-downloads-updates/62f0a5e2-5378-410f-8e87-cec6c5bef7db
  10. Scheduling Downloads

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scheduling Downloads: I have used group policy to schedule installs & restart at 3am on Sunday morning. (Option 4). What I would like to do is to schedule the download, install & restart at the same time 3am Sunday. I may be wrong but it appears to me that you can't schedule the download -...