Windows 10: Scheduled task to decrease UAC level?

Discus and support Scheduled task to decrease UAC level? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have the local admin rights on my work laptop but at the same time GPO enforces default UAC settings on the power up. This is annoying as it prevents... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikolajek, Oct 2, 2016.

1. mikolajek Win User

Scheduled task to decrease UAC level?

I have the local admin rights on my work laptop but at the same time GPO enforces default UAC settings on the power up. This is annoying as it prevents some apps I use from proper running (e.g. PhraseExpress or DirectFolders). I have no idea why those apps need a prior UAC approval, but it's not the case here.

Is there a way to create a scheduled task that would decrease the level of UAC to "never notify" / lowest level? Or is there any other way to do so and make sure GPO will not kill it at next boot?

:)

mikolajek, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Guidio Win User

Is it possible to disable UAC for a specific application for all administrator users on that machine?

Hi everybody,

is it possible to disable UAC for a specific application for all administrator users on that machine?

I tried to create a scheduled task with high privileges but it works only when its author starts it. If another administrator user logs in, he doesn't succeed to run the scheduled task.

Thank you all

Guidio, Oct 2, 2016
  3. DaniGN Win User
    Error in Task Scheduler - Requested Operation Requires Elevation (0x800702E4)

From Windows 10 version 1607 and Windows Server 2016, we get an error when the scheduled task are executed.

We use the Task Scheduler API 1.0 to create scheduled tasks, that will run whether user is logged on or not and with highest privileges.

But when we try to execute this task we get the error "The requested operation requires elevation. (0x800702E4)".

We get this error only if the account who execute the task has a session opened.

If we change the execution account to other that has not session opened, it works. Or if we use the default administrator account who doesn't pass through the UAC (User Account Control) to elevate privileges, it works also.

I have not found the report of the problem in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607).

DaniGN, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Scheduled task to decrease UAC level?

TairikuOkami, Oct 3, 2016
  5. Hi, @mikolajek:

In addition to the excellent advice already offered...

...if this is your WORK laptop, you might want to consult with your IT/security folks at work before making changes to the system that affect or bypass UAC, Group Policies or other security settings.
    In many Enterprise environments, these sorts of configurations are controlled by the company's IT folks for a reason.
    They may not wish (or permit) end users to make such changes.

<just a thought>

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Scheduled task to decrease UAC level?

1. Scheduled task to decrease UAC level? - Similar Threads - Scheduled task decrease

2. Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint: In Powerpoint, to increase/decrease the current line of text to the next higher/lower level I have 2 options:1. Click to the left of the line and then press Tab / Shift-Tab2. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Increase/Decrease list level buttonFor a few...
  3. Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint: In Powerpoint, to increase/decrease the current line of text to the next higher/lower level I have 2 options:1. Click to the left of the line and then press Tab / Shift-Tab2. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Increase/Decrease list level buttonFor a few...
  4. Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Brightness is increasing to maximum level and it is not decreasing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness is increasing to maximum level and it is not decreasing: While watching vlc media player in full screen mode my brightness is increasing to maximum level and always I want restart to decrease brightness and some black mark is appearing above brightness bar[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Microphone level keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone level keeps decreasing: Hello, recently I noticed that my microphone level at startup decreases from 100% to 25%, it never happened to me before and it's kinda annoying. at the startup the volume is still 100% but after everything loads it goes down to 25% and like I said it happens only at...
  7. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler: Hi! In Windows task scheduler I have turned on "run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed". Task was not started on the day it was supposed to start, and I wanna ask you, will it run task next day? And the second question - can I set latest time to run...
  8. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  9. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac scheduled task as logged on user