Windows 10: Scheduling Downloads

Discus and support Scheduling Downloads in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have used group policy to schedule installs & restart at 3am on Sunday morning. (Option 4). What I would like to do is to schedule the download,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ansentry, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ansentry Win User

Scheduling Downloads

I have used group policy to schedule installs & restart at 3am on Sunday morning. (Option 4).

What I would like to do is to schedule the download, install & restart at the same time 3am Sunday.

I may be wrong but it appears to me that you can't schedule the download - just the install. - Am I correct?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

:)

ansentry, Jan 26, 2016

2. Scheduling Automatic Update Downloads

I have satellite internet and I have download bandwidth available from 2:00am to 8:00am. I want to schedule downloading of automatic updates during that time...how!!!

EddyWhichard, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Scheduling Automatic Update Downloads

Hi Eddy,

You can schedule automatic update download on your Windows 10 PC by setting “Active Hours”. This feature is a little limited, but you can set 12 of the 24 hours each day as “off limits” and prevent automatic restarts during those hours.
    Windows still won’t restart your computer while you’re actively using it, even outside of active hours.

Below are the steps on how to set Active Hours:

• Open the Start menu and go to Settings
    • Select Update and Security
    • Go to Windows Update
    • Click or tap Change Active Hours under Update Settings
    • Set the Start time and End time for
      Active Hours
      , and then select Save
    You can use this link
    for reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Kerwin Lee, Jan 26, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

Scheduling Downloads

Hi there,
    You could always get Windows to check at 3AM that way it would download once it's checked. To change the time Windows check for updates simply do the following...

• Go to Action Center
    • Look for the Automatic Maintenance section
    • Put a check in the Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time check-box
    • Optionally set the exact time (to the hour) when Windows should wake up and check

5. ansentry Win User
    Thanks will give it a try - Policy is set to install at 3am , now I will change the Automatic Maintenance to 3am

ansentry, Jan 27, 2016
  6. ansentry Win User
    D3LL,

What I have just done is Change the Automatic Maintenance to 3am, then I went into policy and ticked Install during automatic maintenance - Is that the correct method.

ansentry, Jan 27, 2016
  7. D3LL Win User
    Yep that's correct. Should work, I believe.

D3LL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Scheduling Downloads

1. Scheduling Downloads - Similar Threads - Scheduling Downloads

2. Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using Windows Task Scheduler to run app downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC: How can I use the scheduler Windows 10 PC to run an app downloaded from the store? I have tried 2 things: 1 I have tried to create a task in the scheduler, but when it asked me to browse for the file, I was unable to identify the file that actually "runs" the app there was...
  3. schedule Download times for the Microsoft store

schedule Download times for the Microsoft store: Yes to be able to download from the microsoft store at certain times would be great!! like 2am to 7am when you are on like hughesnet satellite internet service they get really pissy when you go over your data limits and they cut you off!! for internet service for the rest...
  4. WHY can't I schedule Windows 10 download time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY can't I schedule Windows 10 download time?: I absolutely and completely understand that I can make changes to how and when Windows 10INSTALLS updates. I absolutely and completely understand about setting for a Metered Connection. I want to schedule when Windows 10 DOWNLOADS updates because automatic downloads eat...
  5. [Feedback Suggestion] Schedule Windows Store downloads for Games and Apps

[Feedback Suggestion] Schedule Windows Store downloads for Games and Apps: We need to be able to schedule downloads of Games and apps on Windows store. to set a time period for the downloads so that the downloads will start at X and pause at Y, every day, automatically. Upvote this feedback on the Feedback Hub app if you want the same:...
  6. Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates

Scheduling downloads of Windows 10 updates: The other thread was locked so I thought I'd start a new one. Has any progress been made on the ability to schedule downloads of Windows updates during a certain time period? It can't be that hard, the feature used to be in Windows 7. Please note that I am NOT talking...
  7. Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update

Schedule downloading and installing of Windows Update: Hello! Is any way to configure Windows Update manually, to get updates DOWNLOAD & INSTALL on specific day? I do not want that Windows Updates will be downloaded and installed during standard work day. I would like that Windows will do it only on the weekend, e.g. on...
  8. Scheduling time for update downloads

Scheduling time for update downloads: I am on a metered satellite connection and wish to have all giant windows updates 1GByte size, etc. take place between 2AM and 8AM when my service offers me ten times more monthly download capacity than between 8AM and 2AM. I seem to remember that there was a download...
  9. Schedule Downloading of Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Schedule Downloading of Windows 10 Update: I have a metered internet plan with a free download period from 3am to 6am local time to me. The metered limit to my plan is 12 GB and I need it for my normal uses. How do I schedule the downloads of Microsoft product updates to my free download time period? thank you...
  10. Why Can't I Schedule Downloads?

Why Can't I Schedule Downloads?: My ISP offers free bandwidth from 02:00-08:00. In fact, as I understand it, ISPs the world over offer their customers similar concessions. Common as this may be, the practice has somehow eluded the great minds at Microsoft, evidenced by the fact that Windows still offers no...