Windows 10: scheduling system restore

Discus and support scheduling system restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; how do i schedule system restore point in win 10? 33388 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by donlee, Dec 10, 2015.

1. donlee Win User

scheduling system restore

how do i schedule system restore point in win 10?

:)

donlee, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Tooslow Win User

Scheduling automatic creation of System Restore Points"

I am trying to get system restore points created on a schedule. I can create them manually but I'd like them to be created on a schedule. I have gone into Computer Management, System Tools, Task Scheduler, Microsoft, Windows, SystemRestore, selected properties
    and edited appropriately. It's running but failing with error code 0x0 which suggests that I'm using the wrong userid.

I have not altered the userid (SYSTEM) which is already filled in but I have had this battle before with previous versions of Windows and I remember that I do need to change the id (and maybe pw too) but I can't remember what to. I have a vague idea it was
    something like "NT User".

I'm sure it's the userid that's the problem, and the error message supports this. Does anyone have any ideas what it should be?

Oh, and Restore Points get created automatically at all of the times you would expect; on patch application, app installation or removal etc.

Thanks,

John

Tooslow, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Tooslow Win User
    Scheduling automatic creation of System Restore Points"

OK, talking to myself here, but it might help someone else. I have persevered and come to the conclusion that 0x0 means that a program ran successfully and is not an error code as reported on many web pages. If you doubt this, look in Task Scheduler at the
    programs that run at start up time. They all show 0x0 and they are working.

So why no restore point? I have come to the conclusion that System Restore decides that one is not necessary, probably because one was taken in the last n days. Don't ask me what n is. Maybe a week? To test this theory I deleted
    all restore points and waited for my scheduled Restore Point creation task to run. Voila! A restore point.

Cracked it.

John

Tooslow, Dec 10, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Dec 10, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. scheduling system restore - Similar Threads - scheduling system restore

2. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  3. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  4. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Restore Points Schedule

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points Schedule: Hi!I recently posted a question regarding a BSOD that surprisngly I can't get out of...What I found amusing after failing to restore the computer since I don't have restore points, I had a burst of questions and doubts regarding system Restore Points:What is the default...
  6. Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing: I found this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scheduled-restore-points-not-appearing/c30c9f73-e074-43bf-b3ae-01995719ec49 but it´s locked. I have the same issue, but instead of following the tips, I'd like to tell you that I followed, I guess...
  7. How to schedule System Restore Points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to schedule System Restore Points in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]System Restore is one of the most crucial but underrated features in Windows OS. A restore point can help the computer get back to a working condition in no time, and save a lot of time which goes into troubleshooting. [...] This post How to schedule System...
  8. Problem creating scheduled system restores

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem creating scheduled system restores: I am trying to set up a daily schedule of System Restores using the method described in the post create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home . However, it does not work. Attached are the screen dumps for the task (ST 1) together with the various tags in the...
  9. Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduling System Restore Point Creation: Hi Forum, I see that Win10 has deleted the function to schedule the creation of restore points! Supposedly it creates a new restore point before downloading updates (if the function is turned on; by default it is off!). I like to schedule the creation of points every few...
  10. Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 How to Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if...