Windows 10: Scheduling updates

Discus and support Scheduling updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please can Microsoft allow windows 10 users to schedule updates? For those of us with limited connections it is catastrophic to lose 3Gb for an update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GavinHackett, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Scheduling updates

Please can Microsoft allow windows 10 users to schedule updates?
    For those of us with limited connections it is catastrophic to lose 3Gb for an update.
    Here we have unlimited access between midnight and 6am which would be ideal to download such size updates.

:)

GavinHackett, Jul 11, 2018

2. Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

Scheduling updates 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jul 11, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Scheduling updates

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Scheduling updates

1. Scheduling updates - Similar Threads - Scheduling updates

2. How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?: I have requirement as below.1. Create task scheduler get notify over Teams or Email to the user for any upgrade/update to the specific software....
  3. How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I notify user about some specific software update by using window task scheduler?: I have requirement as below.1. Create task scheduler get notify over Teams or Email to the user for any upgrade/update to the specific software....
  4. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  5. Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update

Java Update Scheduler has stopped working, can't reinstall Java 8 Update: This happened after uninstalling java 8 update from my pc with a third party app called Geek Uninstaller, the reason i used geek uninstaller is because I wanted to fully remove java from my pc including registry files and then do a fresh reinstall, but now i can't even run...
  6. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  7. is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?

is there anyway to disable a scheduled update during off-hours?: my computer is in my room. therefore i don't want to be woken up at 4 am in the night for an update i can't disable. i pressed the "disable updates for 1 week" button yet my computer is still turning on at 3 and 4 am to force this update; some of us have work that needs to...
  8. Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday: I purchased a computer last week with Win10 and during Micro Center Store's setup it decided on its own to upgrade to windows 11without my consent... at noon today EDT-U.S.I've searched the web and all I get is instructions on how to stop/cancel windows updates... not...
  9. Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday

Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday: I purchased a computer last week with Win10 and during Micro Center Store's setup it decided on its own to upgrade to windows 11without my consent... at noon today EDT-U.S.I've searched the web and all I get is instructions on how to stop/cancel windows updates... not...
  10. Urgently need to stop scheduled UPGRADE not update today/Friday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade