Windows 10: SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS

Discus and support SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see that I am among an army of Windows users who are frustrated with the way that Windows periodically scrambles the icons on the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DBJ1954, Jul 30, 2018.

1. DBJ1954 Win User

SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS

I see that I am among an army of Windows users who are frustrated with the way that Windows periodically scrambles the icons on the desktop. Furthermore, the solutions provided by Microsoft don't solve the problem. Like many other users, I have lots of icons on my screen, and arrange them so that I can find them as needed. I cannot begin to express in civil terms how EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING it is to have them suddenly scrambled for no apparent reason! Why doesn't Microsoft fix this?

:)

DBJ1954, Jul 30, 2018
  2. pepanee Win User

screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen

I don't know a solution to that problem, but maybe a suggestion is to make the Desktop simpler for you to use. I don't know how many icons you have on there, but I have everything organized on my Desktop, so if an error like that occurs, I wouldn't have too much of a hassle by rearranging everything back to the way it was.

Sorry, this is not a fix for that error, only a suggestion to prevent the error from being too troublesome.

As you can see in the screen shot, I have in the first column, I have The Computer itself, the main icon. Then after that, My important files and folders in My Stuff. Then the Recycle Bin which has a parody of a name which still makes sense, the place where the computer can Recycle Binary. After that is the Downloads from the internet folder, so I don't cram the Desktop from downloading straight to the Desktop. And after that, Projects that I do on the computer.
    Column number 2 has all the icons programs sorted in those three folders
    Column number 3 is just other programs.
    Column 4 has a folder named Games and shortcuts to the games are in there.
    Column 5 is a shortcut to Windows Update, so I can double click it and see what updates the computer has done, etc..

There's an extra file there on the Desktop, but no worries, I'm working with that file at the moment.

SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS [​IMG]

pepanee, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Scrambled Screen

I have, in the last couple of days started getting an intermittant problem in that my screen scrambles and everything is back to front.

Any idea's?

lightninglady0, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS - Similar Threads - SCRAMBLING SCREEN ICONS

2. Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen: Hello,Lately I've been noticing this scrambled white line at the bottom of my laptops screen.When the laptop boots up, it's there and takes up the first couple of rows of the screen, so I can only see half my taskbar. However, over time the lines recede and then I'm able to...
  3. Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrambled white lines at the bottom of the screen: Hello,Lately I've been noticing this scrambled white line at the bottom of my laptops screen.When the laptop boots up, it's there and takes up the first couple of rows of the screen, so I can only see half my taskbar. However, over time the lines recede and then I'm able to...
  4. WIndows 10 and scrambled icons on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 and scrambled icons on startup: HiI have recently reloaded Windows 10 and my desktop icons now appear scrambled every time I start up the computer. It never used to happen before the reload. I am using a second screen on extended display. Has a setting changed that I am unaware of? Themes control of this at...
  5. Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around: I have no idea what caused this, I just went to my desktop like normal and all my icons are slightly larger and randomly scrambled around. Not auto arranged, I mean they are actually scrambled around the desktop. This has happened before, but it fixed itself before I could...
  6. My screen scrambled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen scrambled: My screen is scrambled. Please see the picture. When I move a window, we can see a trace/trail of the windows. The windows also can look like there is a shadow. Why is this happening? FYI, I run a several monitors setup. In the past, I have never experience this...
  7. Icons Scramble and missing from Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Scramble and missing from Task Bar: Hello, I have a HP tower with windows 10. When I login my icons are scramble on my desktop and missing from my task bar. If I logoff and logon they come back as normal. Can you help me determine the problem and resolve? Thank you, John Harrison *** Email address is...
  8. Icons Scrambled With Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons Scrambled With Multiple Displays: Can someone please help me or point me to a subreddit that is better to post this in? I have 2 monitors. One is 1440p and the other is 1080p. My issue is that when I extend the display to both monitors, about 4 icons will remain on my main display and the rest will show up on...
  9. Scrambled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrambled: When I print out documents from online, some of the pages are now coming out scrambled. This just started about a week ago. Not sure how to fix it. I didn't change any settings that I know of....
  10. screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen: I just did a normal restart of Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, and all my screen icons were arranged in some random order on the left side of the screen, with each column of icons going from the top to the bottom of the window. I have had this same problem before, but usually when...