Windows 10: Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad

Discus and support Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an HP Elitepad 900. The problem I seem to have is when I press the power button to turn off the screen, the screen turns off but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DGdB, Aug 10, 2015.

1. DGdB Win User

Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad

Hi there,

I have an HP Elitepad 900.
    The problem I seem to have is when I press the power button to turn off the screen, the screen turns off but the backlight stays on.

Any help would be appreciated Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad :)

There is an image attached.

:)

2. LuSJK Win User

701 screen backlight and charge light brightness

I did that.. the problem is that the backlight does not turn off... the screen goes black with just the time and date showing, which is fine, but the backlight is still on. In the dark the phone is still fairly bright even with the screen black. The only
    way to turn the backlight completly off is to remove the any screensaver.

LuSJK, Aug 10, 2015
  3. How to set backlight to battery saving mode during navigation

Well, actually I found out that there are couple of ways to turn off the backlight during navigation

When navigating press the window button (= switches to main screen, and screen goes dark after timeout) or power-lock button (=turns off backlight immediately)

But in both of these cases the navigation is in audio only mode. So the screen is not lit up even if there is instructions.

So there are modes

backlight always on

backlight never on = audio only

I just wish there where backlight on only when needed- mode too...

Havis---01, Aug 10, 2015
  4. msutton Win User

I had the same issue, here is what you need to do to fix it. Go to the HP support site and access the Elitepad 900 downloads for Windows 8.1. Download the ElitePad 900 BIOS/Firmware/Driver Update (SP71504). Run this update - the item that will fix your issue is the Intel GMA driver included in this update.

The issue is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" that gets installed by default. This display adapter also appears to have caused issues in other devices as well - so it isn't necessarily an HP issue. I assume there will be a standalone Windows 10 Intel GMA installer - but I wasn't able to find one to install - of course that doesn't mean it isn't out there. The 8.1 installer package above ran without issue on my device and the display issue was no longer present.

Just a note, Microsoft is having similar issues with the Surface devices. They are having users update the display driver in order to resolve the problem.

I hope you have the same results and you can finally get your screen to turn off without having to shut it down.

msutton, Aug 12, 2015
  5. DGdB Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, it works wonderfully now. Thanks a lot!

DGdB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen backlight still on when screen turned off HP Elitepad - Similar Threads - Screen backlight still

2. Screen turn off leaving monitor still on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen turn off leaving monitor still on.: I was amazed at the Location synchronization when logging out. Attentively leaving the screen on when near.I really like the pattern of the computer knowing I AM at the console....
  3. Screen turn off leaving monitor still on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turn off leaving monitor still on.: I was amazed at the Location synchronization when logging out. Attentively leaving the screen on when near.I really like the pattern of the computer knowing I AM at the console....
  4. Screen turn off leaving monitor still on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. turn off keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off keyboard backlight: I can't turn off the keyboard backlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-keyboard-backlight/c219bc9a-950d-4140-8e08-20ab877cc4f6
  6. turn off screen backlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    turn off screen backlight: submitted by /u/_kjb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcciqu/turn_off_screen_backlight/
  7. Screen turns off, but pc is still running

Screen turns off, but pc is still running: Hello, When I turn of my laptop, the screen turns off but the fans are still running, and the power led is still on and it takes another 5 to 10 minutes for it to fully turn off. When in safe mode it works just fine. I tried updating the bios, reinstalling windows but the...
  8. Screen Backlight Not Turning Off (Windows 10)

Screen Backlight Not Turning Off (Windows 10): I am on a 20-inch, Mid 2009 iMac, triple booting Mac OS X 10.11.6, Windows 10, and Arch Linux. After the 5 minutes I set, the screen goes black, but the backlight stays on. Can somebody help with this? Thanks in advance, Enchint Sworden...
  9. Keyboard backlighting is turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlighting is turned off: I have recently updated my Dell XPS 13 series laptop to Windows 10 but after that keyboard backlighting stopped working. Help me please how can I turn it on again?...
  10. Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen backlight doesn't turn off: Hi, I recently updated my DELL L502X to Windows 10 from Windows 7. All drivers have been installed and Device Manager shows no problem. However I'm seeing a weird issue. I'm using an external monitor (ASUS) through HDMI. I'm setting the display to show on external monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elitepad 900 power issue no display how to solve

2. how to turn screen on and off hp elite pad