Windows 10: Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Discus and support Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Team, After recent update of windows 10, my screen brightness will not adjust, it cannot be changed from low.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarshGrover1, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Dear Team,

After recent update of windows 10, my screen brightness will not adjust, it cannot be changed from low.

:)

HarshGrover1, Jul 18, 2018

2. how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 18, 2018
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update

1. Screen brightness not adjusted after recent update - Similar Threads - Screen brightness adjusted

2. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  3. Can't adjust screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  4. Adjusting screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adjusting screen brightness.: Since I updated my laptop to the newest version of windows, I have found that I can't turn up/down the brightness. The brightness keys are not working, also in the notification panel there is no slider to adjust the brightness. Furthermore, the night light is also not...
  5. Unable to adjust screen brightness after last major update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after last major update: Hey all, I am unable to make any kind of adjustments to the screen brightness or even put the screen to sleep with the physical power button since the last major update. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  6. Screen brightness adjust problems

Screen brightness adjust problems: I couldnt adjust my screen brightness cause the brightness button didnt working, it stuck at 0% and i cant click on it At the setting display section it didnt show the screen brightness bar either. I dont remember this problem happenned after i updating window or not, it been...
  7. windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.

windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.: windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows101809-update-not-adjusting-a-screen/c01cc4b0-8a27-4b25-9329-c7c25aac7e6a
  8. Screen brightness adjustment

Screen brightness adjustment: Facts: Windows 10, ASUS 430U. Recently my screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Whether I go into settings or tap on my keyboard symbols or hit the screen brightness icon in notifications, the brightness does not adjust up or down. Called ASUS, they had me do a...
  9. Screen brightness keeps adjusting

Screen brightness keeps adjusting: Every 10 sec's I get a bleep and the screen brightens or darkens alternatively. Any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-keeps-adjusting/91282db6-c7be-414b-8073-2824d1714d84
  10. Can't adjust screen brightness after the update

Can't adjust screen brightness after the update: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 730-15" right now and I'm having problem to adjust my screen brightness after the update last night. Can someone help me solve this problem....