Windows 10: screen brightness works in reverse

Discus and support screen brightness works in reverse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi anyone had this problem, sometimes when i start up in win10 get a black screen, if i pull out charging lead desktop comes up, if plug back in get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djfor1236, Aug 4, 2015.

1. djfor1236 Win User

screen brightness works in reverse

hi anyone had this problem, sometimes when i start up in win10 get a black screen, if i pull out charging lead desktop comes up, if plug back in get black screen, so pull out and on desktop go into display with left mouse button, display slider works is working in reverse so set it to darkest which puts screen on brightest, then plug chrager in most times this works, Another way that works sometimes is leave charger in use function key and dim button (rh arrow) and screen sometimes shows desktop , anyone got any ideas how to fix bye dave

:)

djfor1236, Aug 4, 2015

2. display problem

Trying different things on my computer I have found the problem. Somehow the switch and the settings for the screen brightness has been reversed. In my setting I had the brightness set to 100% on the plugin mode it has been reversed 100% has made it
    dark. At the same setting I had the screen set to 75% for the battery mode that's why it worked on the battery. The f2 and the f3 keys for brightness have been reversed to. they are opposite now. All my drivers are up to date.

waynehodgins, Aug 4, 2015
  3. S Virgo Win User
    Screen Brightness works reverse after installing Windows 10 update

Try installing the "custom" drivers from the Manufacturer's Website - seems that the update uses a generic version that "sort of" works.

S Virgo, Aug 4, 2015
  4. elfinbob Win User

Hi, I upgrade yesterday and when I got up this morning I only got what I thought was a dead screen! I thought my screen had died. However, I found my brightness controls are reversed. I can use it knowing this, but am trying to find how to fix it.

elfinbob, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Zuba Win User
    I've got the exact same problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm guessing it may be a widespread Windows 10 bug maybe ?????????????

6. djfor1236 Win User
    Hi yes I suggest start up with charger unplugged, if starts ok then prob same as mine, once started up plug in charger, screen will go black, hold function key and use left and right arrows to brighten screen, or can try starting as normal and use function key and arrows as how to fix no idea one person replied with a bios change and running a graphics card app but be honest do not like messing with things i do not know about, bye dave

djfor1236, Aug 13, 2015
  7. I had this issue and I ran an sfc /scannow on the command prompt, I then ran updates and restarted and a recent update seemed to fix it. I have no idea if the sfc /scannow had anything to do with fixing it, but I'd recommend checking for updates and installing any recent ones.

Rosstopher, Aug 18, 2015
  8. robgr Win User

I had this issue on a Lenovo Essential B50-30 and fixed it, see method 1 here

robgr, Aug 18, 2015
  9. alfarom Win User
    Great solution. It was really confusing me why the brightness button was working in reverse.. Thanks..

alfarom, Aug 22, 2015
  10. alfarom Win User
    Mmmm. The problem seems to return after a restart. It's easy enough to either use this temp fix or use the brightness keys in reverse but my customer isn't very happy about doing this on a new computer, which is fair enough. Might have to see if I can get it covered under the Lenovo warranty..

alfarom, Aug 23, 2015
  11. alfarom Win User
    I have looked on the Lenovo site and it seems they have had this problem before as there is a brightness patch available for this model for Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do anything for Windows 10...

alfarom, Aug 25, 2015
  12. alfarom Win User
    Well, I have given up and gone back to Windows 8.1. Seems to have fixed the problem..

alfarom, Aug 27, 2015
  13. screen brightness works in reverse

I had my brightness keys reversed so I took out the battery for a few seconds, replaced it and all was OK!

rodgeaustin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. screen brightness works in reverse - Similar Threads - screen brightness works

2. Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust: I recently bought a Samsung computer with Windows 11.On the top row of the keyboard are the Function keys F1, F2, F12, etc which also double as the brightness adjust, volume adjust, etc.When I press those keys by themselves, it works as the function keys F1, F2, etcHowever,...
  3. Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust: I recently bought a Samsung computer with Windows 11.On the top row of the keyboard are the Function keys F1, F2, F12, etc which also double as the brightness adjust, volume adjust, etc.When I press those keys by themselves, it works as the function keys F1, F2, etcHowever,...
  4. My screen brightness is not working....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen brightness is not working....: since last 5 to 6 days my screen brightness option in settings is not there. Also I the buttons on my laptop is not working but all others are. 30 mins ago I have also updated my deleted my driver and also updated it but no change. Also gone through the windows recovery...
  5. Screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness: hi. I use a Lenovo(new). Screen brightness is fine until I unplug the power cord. Then its really dark on the laptop screen even the brightness adjustment is full. Please can you advise. thanks regards Vic...
  6. screen brightness

screen brightness: I thought i was installing an update from MS. It is called Surface_Brightess_Control_v1.12.139.0 and I did download it straight from the MS website. The issue is after downloading it my screen stays at 100% brightness. I adjust it down and it goes right back to 100%. I...
  7. Brightness Reversed

Brightness Reversed: Hello, I'm having issues with my brightness control. It works normally until I raise it to 59 or higher, then it turns the screen off. What I've tried: Updating "Display Adapters" and "Moniter" drivers. Reinstalling "Display Adapters" and "Moniter" drivers....
  8. screen brightness not working

screen brightness not working: Hi all, I have this problem since four months ago(or more), I have tried all of the suggestions on the web and all YouTube videos but non worked. I'm posting this question just as a last try. I'm not sure what cause this problem,BUT maybe I had this problem after updating the...
  9. Screen brightness not working as intended

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness not working as intended: I am using a 13" Surface Book with the Performance Base. Any input to the mouse or keyboard turns the screen to the maximum brightness. Also, after 30 seconds or so, the screen dims even when playing media on full screen. Checking or unchecking the automatic brightness does...
  10. Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Brightness: My laptop screen brightness is always at Max even when I reduce it. And there is also no sleep option. I make use of windows 10. Please any suggestion 107296

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 brightness in reverse

2. brightness button working reversly

3. why is my laptop brightness button working in reverse