Windows 10: Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

Discus and support Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife and I just updated to the creators update and now whenever we launch a video game the screen calibration resets. (Everything gets brighter.) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BrotherHolmes, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

My wife and I just updated to the creators update and now whenever we launch a video game the screen calibration resets. (Everything gets brighter.) I have looked on nvidia's forums and microsoft's forums and I haven't found any solutions. Other people are also getting this and they say that it is happening with other brands of video cards like AMD as well, so it seems like a windows issue.

:)

BrotherHolmes, Apr 18, 2017

2. Red colored screen after November update

*Original Title: red screen after update

after december update for win 10 my color or tint is pink to red, and will not calibrate or reset

thanks kk

KennethKnutson, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Issues with brightness after creators update need help

After installing creators update my screen seems to bright. Is there no color calibration setting or gamma setting in the new update?. That's how I adjusted the brightness before. Apps and games and edge all a lot brighter than before and seems no way
    to change that.

Slacker Eag, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

Welcome to the forums BrotherHolmes!

That's a new one on me. Have you tried going into settings/power plans and setting the brightness there?

indianacarnie, Apr 18, 2017
  5. We checked those.
    What we used to change the screen settings is found here... Settings > System > Display > Display adapter properties > Colour Management (tab) > Colour management... > Advanced (tab) > Calibrate display

And thanks for the welcome.

BrotherHolmes, Apr 18, 2017
  6. Hmmmm, Ok, but ... simple things first, did you adjust the slider for brightness? I thought that was your problem, the brightness level. Settings > Power & Sleep > Additional power settings > Screen Brightness (a slider at the bottom)

You could also try updating your display adapter or if you have an Nvidia card try rolling back the driver on it or updating it , whichever does the trick.

indianacarnie, Apr 18, 2017
  7. BrotherHolmes, Apr 18, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

9. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 18, 2017
  10. BrotherHolmes, Apr 18, 2017
  11. milala Win User
    Hello, i was having the same problem when i updated to creators update but i found the color calibration thing. Open the "Run" application of Windows and then type "dccw" , that way it wll open the color calibration wizard, hope it helps

milala, Apr 19, 2017
  12. Well, that article was fairly old and I couldn't see any resolution. I can't recreate your problem on my machine, so am at a loss for the moment. I'll keep looking around, if I find anything I'll post it here.

indianacarnie, Apr 19, 2017
  13. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

Same here. It was all working fine until I installed the Creators Update. After that, color profiles got horrendously broken, can't look at my screen for long because of that (there's a very specific reason why I'm not just adjusting settings in the monitor itself). It's more than likely an OS issue, I got an AMD GPU.
    Hopefully someone finds a solution *Smile

kamild1996, Apr 20, 2017
  14. gordonlw Win User
    Same issues here! Well not getting brighter but overall issues with calibration and icc since the update.

I use a colormunki to calibrate my monitors. I did a clean install of the creators update so no icc profiles carried over. Resetting the monitors to default before I ever attempted to calibrate I noticed things didn't look right. While the monitors supposedly reset it did not appear so. I know what 100% brightness looks like on my monitors and they both did not look like they reset. Night light and game mode are off. Using windows native drivers or the drivers for my monitors made no difference.

Trying to actually calibrate makes it even worse. I'm using a nvidia graphics card but it appears that AMD folks are having issues as well.

Forgot to mention. I saved my icc profiles from my previous calibration (before the update when it worked). Loading them does not seem to work either! It says they are loaded but the monitors do not look like they should.

gordonlw, May 3, 2017
  15. Zydomus Win User
    I am in NO way attempting to belittle Microsoft at all when I say this.. but this has also been a consistent problem for me because I am in NO way able to maintain my current color calibration settings no matter what I do. this error has persisted since even before I had installed the creators update.. and It has actually made my issues worse while using the "Creators" update as I was actually able to play games using my color calibration settings "Before" I had installed the Creators update. but now, I cannot even play ANY game with my color calibration settings as it will not allow me to even set them while in-game without using "Windowed Borderless Gaming" for some odd reason.

Now.. before anyone asks, yes.. I am using Driver Booster to keep all of my things updated on my PC. and.. I have also disabled Night Light and the "Game" bar. but still.. no dice.

I REALLY hope that Microsoft notices this issue and would at least try and do something to fix it ASAP. but if not, that is all OK. I just REALLY want to be able to play my games with good gamma color again. so please, if you are reading this, Microsoft.. Please help out with this issue. *Sad

Zydomus, May 18, 2017
Thema:

Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

1. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update - Similar Threads - Screen calibration resetting

2. windows keep resetting my screen calibration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keep resetting my screen calibration: hey, in recent days I've noticed my screen calibration is off, i re-calibrated it using xrite pro calibrator with displaycal as i did multiple times in the last 4 years at first everything was ok, than i noticed every time i turn the screen off/computer goes to sleep windows...
  3. windows keep resetting my screen calibration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keep resetting my screen calibration: hey, in recent days I've noticed my screen calibration is off, i re-calibrated it using xrite pro calibrator with displaycal as i did multiple times in the last 4 years at first everything was ok, than i noticed every time i turn the screen off/computer goes to sleep windows...
  4. windows keep resetting my screen calibration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. display calibration issue after resetting the pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display calibration issue after resetting the pc.: my system is attacked with a virus so i reset my pc then the display looks like tinted -10 value. so i went to the service center and changed my operating system and updated all the drivers and bios. and we checked the motherboard and also the hardware checks everything. but...
  6. colour calibration keeps resetting after restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    colour calibration keeps resetting after restart.: my windows 10 colour calibration settings keeps changing every time when I restart my pc.. I even tried "set as default profile" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colour-calibration-keeps-resetting-after-restart/003174db-8a31-4f8e-92f4-330e18fb2d86
  7. Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown: Good day fellow redditors. Ive dealt with an issue over the past few months where everytime i start my pc up, the display calibration goes out of wack and the whole screen becomes green. I have 3 monitors and this calibration appears on **all** 3 of the displays. And i...
  8. Blue screen after installing Creators Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing Creators Update: I've been running Windows 10 Education on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe based system for 2ys now and as far as I remember haven't had a blue screen So I rebuilt my machine today with Windows 10 Enterprise Build 15063.138 and now when I try to play MP4 or MKV files I get a...
  9. Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Colour Calibration Issue: Hello folks, first post on here. My problem is the Fall Creators Update seems to have an issue with colour calibration - I have quite an old calibration tool by modern standards which is a Pantone Huey Pro, but it's worked perfectly from Windows 7 until the FC Update. Now...
  10. Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration: I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button...