Windows 10: Screen changing brightness constantly!!!

Discus and support Screen changing brightness constantly!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has now become infuriating for me so any help would be appreciated. Basically, I have noticed that my display changes from very bright to very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ryanmccafferty, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Screen changing brightness constantly!!!

This has now become infuriating for me so any help would be appreciated.

Basically, I have noticed that my display changes from very bright to very dim every ten seconds or so. It happens especially when I watch a video in fullscreen (netflix or amazon prime).

I have spent days on the web trying out different suggestions on how to stop this from happening but to no success (and yes I have tried changing adapative brightness to disabled in the advance power options!). Even considered reinstalling windows 10 but that is the very last resort.

Thanks.

:)

ryanmccafferty, Jul 19, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Swapna S Win User

Screen changing brightness constantly!!!

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Screen changing brightness constantly!!!

1. Screen changing brightness constantly!!! - Similar Threads - Screen changing brightness

2. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  3. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  4. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen brightness auto changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness auto changing: Hi, I've got a surface computer, the screen brightness automatically turns up whenever I open a white page. it does so in stages by about 5% brightness every 3 seconds. I've set auto adaptive brightness to off. I've tried changing power settings but there is no option for me...
  6. Brightness of the screen is not changing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness of the screen is not changing.: The brightness slider is not working. I am able to change brightness percentage on the slider but it is not changing the screen brightness actually....
  7. change screen brightness

change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8
  8. Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes

Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes: Hi, I have a very annoying issue that i noticed after installing a GTX 980 which replaced my RX 550. When the screen becomes dark, i.e watching a movie or playing games that have low light, the screen goes dim. If the scene remains in low light the brightness constantly...
  9. Screen brightness doesn't change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness doesn't change: I'm currently running Windows 10 Insider Preview (Windows 10 Pro, 17738, r5_release) and I can't get my screen brightness to change. This is a laptop computer I'm using (Dell XPS 13 L322X). My display adapter is using Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 drivers and I've updated them...
  10. Change screen brightness

Change screen brightness: How to change brightness in desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-screen-brightness/efa5f8c7-aeba-4104-9df0-bf558ecbe341