Windows 10: Screen Corruption Issue

Discus and support Screen Corruption Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I am doing something that is moving on the screen, including moving the mouse,having a loading bar move or a blinking cursor, my screen is fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jkash, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jkash Win User

Screen Corruption Issue

When I am doing something that is moving on the screen, including moving the mouse,having a loading bar move or a blinking cursor, my screen is fine. However, once nothing on the screen is moving for about 2-3 seconds, the screen becomes corrupted and a graphical mush. Once I move something again, like my mouse, the screen goes black for a second then returns to normal, as if nothing has happened. The display will not update itself out of this issue if a key is pressed on the keyboard, unless that prompts another screen, like ctrl+alt+delete. Thanks for all of the help.

Screen Corruption Issue [​IMG]

Screen Corruption Issue [​IMG]

:)

jkash, Aug 6, 2015

2. N96 Screen Corruption

Ok, so I was just a few minutes ago writing out a text message and I hit send and bang!

My screen starts inverting colours!

The background, the interface, the whole thing just starts going crazy.

I hit the menu button and a line of corrupted image appears on the left hand side of the screen.

I swiftly turn the thing off, and upon powering it back on again, the backlight fails to come on, and all I can see is this corruption across the screen.

It plays the start up tune and appears to be working behind the corruption, but I can't see anything.

Occasionally when I hit the menu button a small chunk of the menu interface appears right in the very bottom left of the screen, but that isn't exactly much use to anyone.

So here I am...begging for some assitance...I have only had this phone for a month (had to claim on my insurance for a smashed screen on the last one) and I really want to avoid claiming again as I just know they will charge me even more on the "excess"
    this time...

kamira---01, Aug 6, 2015
  3. 5800 screen corruption

Hi I also replaced my lcd screen cause it was cracked and now I know its not genuine ,cause I updated my phone to 51.0 and after update my phone lcd is half croupt :smileysad: ,so I need help to downgrade is there any guide out there? or is my phone bricked
    . i dont realy want to spend more money buyn another screen , it was running fine on 4.0. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Martin

themairtinus, Aug 6, 2015
  4. jkash Win User

Screen Corruption Issue

I was finally able to fix the problem by updating my VGA driver. Didn't update on its own nor could be seen through device manager.
    Display Settings>Advanced Display Settings>Display Adapter Properties>Adapter Tab>Properties>Driver Tab>Update Driver

Hopefully this can help other peoples' issues.
    -Jericho

jkash, Aug 6, 2015
  5. You are the Man!!!!!
    Thank you so much for your help. Now all is working fine!!!!
    *Thumbs

alexarcher, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen Corruption Issue

1. Screen Corruption Issue - Similar Threads - Screen Corruption Issue

2. Lock Screen PIN corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen PIN corrupted: Win 10 boots up to lock screen shows "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again. Set up my pin" Set up my pin doesn't work, and I can't get past this screen. PLEASE help me with how to fix this problem. I can boot to DOS screen with USB...
  3. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  4. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  5. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.: My computer started to have issues a few weeks ago, first chrome ceased to function, followed by frequent crashes, steam ceasing to function and audio ceasing to function. I investigated the issue by running fcs /scannow, and received this: Windows Resource Protection found...
  7. Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.

Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.: My computer started to have issues a few weeks ago, first chrome ceased to function, followed by frequent crashes, steam ceasing to function and audio ceasing to function. I investigated the issue by running fcs /scannow, and received this: Windows Resource Protection found...
  8. Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Corruption of Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corruption of Desktop screen.: I scanned a Word document to my laptop computer, andthe document now appears in an opened “ghosted” form, in the background on myDesktop screen. The Desktop has taken on a white appearance, with all of theicon labels now being in white text. I carried out a System Restore,...
  10. Recent File Corruption Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent File Corruption Issues: Hi everyone - I have 4x win10 machines. Each month, I run sfc /scannow on them all. Normally all return a positive result with no issues found. This week I ran the check, and all four reported corrupted files - some of which sfc could not repair. Accordingly I ran DISM which...