Windows 10: Screen extension/duplication not working

Discus and support Screen extension/duplication not working in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello I have a Asus desktop, Intel 3.7ghz and HD 4400 graphics running Windows 10 family. I have just hooked up an HD TV to the HDMI port. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Bersabal, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Bersabal Win User

Screen extension/duplication not working

Hello
    I have a Asus desktop, Intel 3.7ghz and HD 4400 graphics running Windows 10 family.
    I have just hooked up an HD TV to the HDMI port.
    When I use Win+p the sidebar menu comes up and allows me to select duplication, extension etc. but nothing happens!!??
    The option I select highlights but the second screen stays blank.
    There is no 'apply' button in the menu (though this might be normal).
    I've put the graphics pilot up to date but no change.
    I've downloaded and installed all sorts of updates; windows, bios, chipset, ...
    Nothing has changed the problem.
    I've verified that the cable isn't at fault (it works fine with the Blu-ray player).
    Here is the paradox:

Screen extension/duplication not working [​IMG]

The TV appears in the list of devices connected but not on the display selection window !!!
    (You will have noted that I live and work in France, though this has nothing to do with the problem).
    Can anyone help me out here?

:)

Bersabal, Jun 21, 2016
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Screen duplication/extension problems

Is there an option on your TV to change the resolution manually? If there is, can you please adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 on both the TV and the PC?

To adjust the resolution on the PC, please check this
    link

To adjust your TV resolution, kindly check your TV manual or contact your TV support.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Screen duplication/extension problems

Hi Maria

Thanks very much for taking the time.

I'm using an Intel HD graphics 4400 (HDMI*: 4096 x 2304, 3840 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 24bpp)

The TV is a Philips 4000 series 107cm HD TV 1080p : Entrée num. HDCP + 16:9 + YUV + 1920x1080 min. + 1080p 50/60/24Hz (it's obvious I don't understand any of that, so I apologize if its OTT)

The cable is connected directly. I've not tried another cable but I know the HDMI port is functionning (I've tried other devices) and I know the cable works too on other devices.

The TV is 10m away so its not easy trying other cables without rearranging all the furniture Screen extension/duplication not working :)

So, what do you think?

AlanProctor, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Bersabal Win User

I've been told that the Windows updates KB3163018, KB3149135 may have been the cause but after checking, I found they were installed after my problem started. They were part of the various updates I've installed to try and find a solution.
    So, I'm still up in the air on this one.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Bersabal, Jun 21, 2016
  5. Bersabal Win User
    Even Intel thinks there is only one screen connected!

Bersabal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen extension/duplication not working - Similar Threads - Screen extension duplication

2. Screen extension not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen extension not working properly: Hi, My Dell XPS 9510, on Windows 11, never worked correctly with external monitors regarding screen extension. At the moment it doesn't work, even though I am forcing it. Somethimes it goes crazy and after that when I turn the PC solely the screen doesn't work, only when I...
  3. Screen extension not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen extension not working properly: Hi, My Dell XPS 9510, on Windows 11, never worked correctly with external monitors regarding screen extension. At the moment it doesn't work, even though I am forcing it. Somethimes it goes crazy and after that when I turn the PC solely the screen doesn't work, only when I...
  4. Duplicate Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Screens: I have one CPU, with 2 displays. 1 monitor and 1 projector. If I get a monitor with PBP, would I be able to split the screen on the monitor to show the monitor and mirror the projector and use the same keyboard/mouse? The problem I'm having is when I use the projector display...
  5. Duplicate Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Screens: I have one CPU, with 2 displays. 1 monitor and 1 projector. If I get a monitor with PBP, would I be able to split the screen on the monitor to show the monitor and mirror the projector and use the same keyboard/mouse? The problem I'm having is when I use the projector display...
  6. Duplicate screens

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate screens: I have computer screen and monitor screen locked and can't separate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-screens/c1713503-abf4-4b4f-b95e-9dd0ba7e35f1
  7. screen extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen extension: I boot my laptop an hour ago to find screen extension changed. I tried to change the extension in the settings but failed. Thank you for your answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-extension/b412c97f-6415-464a-9b80-85b90fa21298
  8. Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.: Recently I replace my faulty LCD screen of my laptop with a compatible LCD screen. After replacement, the duplicate screen function is not working Out of Range warning but extend screen is working fine. I check the event log and find this Kernel-PnP Warning ID442 System...
  9. duplicating screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicating screens: trying to dupilcate computer screen to my television but not connecting.HDMI is working but just not connecting tv,was working before i updated my computer couple hours ago.could it be something thats turned off?...
  10. Duplicate Files with very odd file extensions

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files with very odd file extensions: That's a relief, is the ransomware PROTECTION, on Acronis very good? If I may continue with my original reason for posting, for some reason my computer became near unusable and I installed clones of each drive, then the problem with duplicate files, I could not find a...