Windows 10: Screen Flashes adding icons

Discus and support Screen Flashes adding icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting a screen flash every 5 minutes(exactly). Each time it flashes it adds another icon to the Taskbar. The icon's are a blue hexagon with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hermitman, Mar 30, 2017.

1. hermitman Win User

Screen Flashes adding icons

I am getting a screen flash every 5 minutes(exactly). Each time it flashes it adds another icon to the Taskbar. The icon's are a blue hexagon with a white letter N. Hovering on the icons removes them
    Event Viewer tells me the source is .Net Runtime Event ID 1022 and the explanation is:-

.NET Runtime version 4.0.30319.0 - There was a failure initializing profiling API attach infrastructure. This process will not allow a profiler to attach. HRESULT: 0x80004005. Process ID (decimal): 2388. Message ID: [0x2509].

Which is fine, but has anybody have any ideas how to sort this?

I have the latest Net Framework installed.

Thanks

:)

hermitman, Mar 30, 2017

2. Flashing Taskbar System Tray

Added information. When the cursor shows as an arrow, a shadow "waiting" circle flashes to the top right of the arrow head. The flash is timed so it appears on exactly the same time scale as the shifting in the system tray. The timing is: compact icon display,
    wider icon display, circle, in endless repeat.

I am totally stumped.

WhatsForDinner, Mar 30, 2017
  3. My request for future updates on mobile for Nokia Belle

In the SMS section

make the inbox for common (for email and SMS)

it should ask need to write email or SMS while pressing new message icon

it'll be better if you added flash SMS ad native app

Prakash_pbt, Mar 30, 2017
Thema:

Screen Flashes adding icons

1. Screen Flashes adding icons - Similar Threads - Screen Flashes adding

2. Login Screen flashing after adding domain user as local admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Screen flashing after adding domain user as local admin: I have a brand new computer Updated to latest version of Win 10 PRO. Brand new AD user account just created. I was able to login just fine without any issue. Once I added the user account as a local admin and logged the user back in, The screen just continually flashes and I...
  3. Adding an Application icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding an Application icon: I have a PC (W 10 pro x64) where the installed wireless LAN printer works flawlessly and showing the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\Brother) with the expected Status application icon shows and showing the presence of 90 items. Pictures: 1. Brother...
  4. Flashing Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flashing Screen: Good morning all. Of I sign in on my Dell XPS laptop with Win 10 Pro with a administrator account set up as a local user the laptop works perfecty. If I try and sign in with another user account that is setup to work with my office domain I am unable to sign in, as soon as...
  5. Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.: I suddenly see a microphone icon that is flashing on my screen. I am using a Lenovo laptop. I tried disabling the mic, since I hardly ever used it but that did nothing. It is interfering with my ability to play some games. I do not have an Xbox or other gaming system. This...
  6. Adding a Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Flash Drive: I inserted a flash drive in and the device manager seed it but I can't find it anywhere. How do I get it working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-flash-drive/ad901557-3528-4dc4-bc0f-22469a2ee5de
  7. Taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  8. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  9. flashing screen

flashing screen: I have problems with my monitor you see the flickering screen this happened after I did the update to Windows 10. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-screen/092dde10-142e-487b-b281-f89b89407c49
  10. How to reset window flash to icon flash?

How to reset window flash to icon flash?: Somewhere in Windows 10, I ran across a setting that decides whether the taskbar icon flashes or the window frame flashes (in response to I remember not what). It is now set to flash the window and it is driving me bonkers. Anyone know where it is so I can reset it to flash...