Windows 10: Screen flashes after windows startup

Discus and support Screen flashes after windows startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having a weird issue since i installed windows 10, After installing, drivers, apps, etc., suddenly after using the PC for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Surreal90, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Surreal90 Win User

Screen flashes after windows startup

Hi everyone,

I'm having a weird issue since i installed windows 10, After installing, drivers, apps, etc., suddenly after using the PC for a few days, after startup apps finish loading and everything, when i try to open any application (browser, explorer, something with uac prompt, anything..) The screen flashes and turns off for a second and then everything come back to normal, This is my 2nd fresh installation for windows 10, I thought there could be something wrong with the drivers, i double checked them, I even replaced all of the apps that i used to have! , spent lots of time to look for alternatives (Avira instead of Kaspersky, 7zip instead of WinRAR, etc.), It may seems like a simple problem, But it's really frustrating for me, I never had this issue with windows 8.1, I hope that someone would help me with that *Sad.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10.0.10586 Enterprise 1511 TH2 (x64)

:)

Surreal90, Jan 14, 2016

2. Computer won't open

Computer screen is flashing in the startup screen with no icons. Not responding to any commands. Tried Cont/Alt/Delete and there are no systems running. This occurred after attempting to download Windows 10

JohnRussell51, Jan 14, 2016
  3. DColbyjr Win User
    Black screen after windows login

After recent Update, Windows 10 goes through login sequence, then goes to black screen, which occasionally flashes icons at bottom. Occasionally will flash icons on desktop, then they disappear and back to black screen. Trying F8 or F12 on startup does
    not go to diagnostics menu.

DColbyjr, Jan 14, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten-Forums !
    How about Graphics Card drivers, updated also ? Sound like an issue there with Graphics card or drivers, although screen flicker was an old issue at first when Windows 10 came out but i believe most were solved.

jds63, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Surreal90 Win User
    Hi jds63, I've uninstalled the driver many times, even used a third party application (Display Driver Uninstaller) to totally remove it, re-downloaded and installed the latest version of my ATI driver again.

Surreal90, Jan 14, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Recently make any changes to PC, hardware or software ? When screen turns off is there a light on monitor that goes out or turns a different color, does it say no signal on the screen at that time ? Check to make sure you are using the native resolution and refresh rates for monitor and card. Check cables are secure to monitor and card. Feel this does point to the graphics card, driver or conflict with something else on system, another hardware driver or process.

jds63, Jan 14, 2016
  7. Surreal90 Win User
    Haven't made any new changes sw/hw, I even thought that could be the problem, so i changed almost all the apps i used to use, the monitor itself flash and goes black, and before it goes back to normal, it looks like windows interface is like building up or something like that, you know. I'm using the proper resolution, refresh rate, latest gpu driver for my PC, What do you think that would be?

Surreal90, Jan 14, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

O.k. this happens with just about everything you do or use on PC ? Building up, like pixelating (square blocks) ? How old is the AMD card ? I am just thinking if anything is loose or Card has issue and or drivers. Try checking the card in the case, make sure fan is working, try reseating the card and possibly check temps with HWInfo.
    HWiNFO - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools

jds63, Jan 14, 2016
  9. Surreal90 Win User
    It always happen once i start my pc and try to open any application (any browser, music player, that applies even for the windows explorer), It's not like "pixelating" It's like.. some parts of the interface are black and get built up in less that a second, while the screen is giving this giving this flash, my AMD card is not that old, got it less that a year ago i think (AMD Radeon R7 265), I checked the fans now and both of them are running, Also checked the temp and it's 39

Surreal90, Jan 14, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    So not really and kind of flicker. And only happens once, something i was not certain of. Try it in safe mode to see if it occurs, this can tell me if something else on system is causing this.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Jan 14, 2016
  11. Surreal90 Win User
    I went through my installed apps and drivers, Uninstalled AMD driver, monitor driver, changed UAC settings to max, and restarted my pc , It seems that i'm not getting any flashes so far, gonna try to restart it a couple of times open some apps and stuff and see whether it would happen again or not..

Surreal90, Jan 15, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Uninstalled your AMD driver, but which version of this driver did you replace it with ? Monitors rarely need particular manufacturer drivers and UAC to max is going to cause you too many alerts if i have this correct what you did. Here

Screen flashes after windows startup [​IMG]

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
  13. b1rd Win User

Don't know if it's still an issue, but I was wondering if you tried the suggestion of Safemode?

14. Surreal90 Win User
    Thanks guys for trying to help, after testing my pc for a while, it seems that it was resolved after reinstalling a couple of stuff. Hopefully that it's gone for good..

Surreal90, Jan 15, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    Not sure on this myself said uninstalled your AMD driver but did you replace it with another driver version because will need the driver for this ? Also not sure what else except i explained about monitor driver. Good to be more detailed on how you feel it maybe fixed for others who may look at this post. Could of left it unresolved for few more days to make certain it was resolved. Your Welcome !

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Screen flashes after windows startup - Similar Threads - Screen flashes startup

2. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  3. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  4. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Red flashing screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red flashing screen on startup: when i turn on my PC, it says fixing and then alot of numbers and brackets and the word volume. After that it goes to the sign in page where the background is red and it keeps on flashing. Sometimes when it flashes it will switch to the password screen but it doesn't give you...
  6. Red flashing screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red flashing screen on startup: when i turn on my PC, it says fixing and then alot of numbers and brackets and the word volume. After that it goes to the sign in page where the background is red and it keeps on flashing. Sometimes when it flashes it will switch to the password screen but it doesn't give you...
  7. Red flashing screen on startup

8. Flashing startup time and date screen

Flashing startup time and date screen: Hi everyone! I’ve had the most annoying problem with my personal PC for quite a while now. I’m at a loss how to fix it. I’ve tried disabling password required on sign on thinking I could bypass the problem, and that has not helped. Here’s a video to show what I mean:...
  9. Windows Startup screen keep flashing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Startup screen keep flashing.: Every time starting the windows screen keep flashing badly. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-startup-screen-keep-flashing/e1943d4d-65a9-4f58-b998-03ba7c7b835e"
  10. Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup

Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup: Hi all, I couldn't find anyone having a similar problem and my computer is currently unusable, so I thought I would give this a try. I built a computer a few months ago using: A Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 Motherboard An Intel i7 4790K CPU 16 GB DDR4 Patriot Memory sticks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 8.1 flashing screen on startup