Windows 10: Screen flashes at start up menu

Discus and support Screen flashes at start up menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 my laptop screen is flashing during thw start up menu. Some of the icons are loaded, others are not. The screen flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jhwilen, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jhwilen Win User

Screen flashes at start up menu

After installing Windows 10 my laptop screen is flashing during thw start up menu. Some of the icons are loaded, others are not. The screen flashes constantly. I have not attempted to go into safe mode yet. My laptop met all the requirements for an upgrage so I am frustrated todaay with this.

:)

jhwilen, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Lock Screen changes at will, screen "flashes" too often to ignore. Anyone know about these?

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Have you installed all Windows and driver updates?

2. What is the make and mode of your computer?

I suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. To determine whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either uninstall
    the app or update the display driver.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below.

1. Click on Start button and select Settings.

2. Under Background dropdown change to Picture.

Also perform the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Microsoft link below.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    small screen that flashes upon wake up or start up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows Updates?

• Have you updated all the drivers?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Have you installed any third party applications recently?

I suggest you to update all the pending updates and also update all the drivers from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Screen flashes at start up menu

Graphics card drivers updated?

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  5. jhwilen Win User
    I believe it is but if all my screen does is flash then how can I check. Is safe mode an option?

jhwilen, Jul 30, 2015
  6. I would go to safe mode and remove any graphics drivers

7. jhwilen Win User
    Ok. Then do I reinstall graphics drivers or if this solution works then I guess I wouldn't, correct?

jhwilen, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Screen flashes at start up menu

What I would do, is make sure to do Safe Mode with networking and download latest drivers to my desktop... then restart and hope there is no flashing and reinstall drivers while crossing fingers *Smile

9. jhwilen Win User
    Where would I go to get latest drivers? It would be from my laptop manufacturers website, correct?

jhwilen, Jul 30, 2015
  10. You can check with your manuf... but sometimes the card manuf might have a newer release. I personally go through the card manuf site.

11. jhwilen Win User
    Ok. I will attempt all this later this evening when I can sit down and devote the time. Thanks for your responses.

jhwilen, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Make sure to check back and let us know how it goes.

13. Swcreates Win User

I'm having the same issue. Everything was working great, then I restarted this morning. I'd love to roll back my display drivers, but where did 'Safe Mode' go? F8 doesn't work anymore.

Swcreates, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen flashes at start up menu - Similar Threads - Screen flashes start

2. Icon flashes on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon flashes on start menu: An Icon flashes on my start menu so fast I cannot identify it. There are no new applications running in the "icon section" on the lower right hand corner of the start menu, and in the task manager there are so many running processes, I have no idea what it could be. How can I...
  3. Icon flashes on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon flashes on start menu: An Icon flashes on my start menu so fast I cannot identify it. There are no new applications running in the "icon section" on the lower right hand corner of the start menu, and in the task manager there are so many running processes, I have no idea what it could be. How can I...
  4. Icon flashes on start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  6. Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up: Getting Flashing Blue Screen for a lessthan asecond on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-flashing-blue-screen-on-start-up/5676140b-c753-416f-815d-160c63daccb2
  7. Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up: Getting Flashing Blue Screen for a lessthan asecond on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-flashing-blue-screen-on-start-up/5676140b-c753-416f-815d-160c63daccb2
  8. background screen keeps flashing; no start up menu; no toolbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    background screen keeps flashing; no start up menu; no toolbar: How do I get above back and no icons either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-screen-keeps-flashing-no-start-up-menu/629af240-c2f6-4c76-b274-d070673f4a69
  9. Flashing Black Screen after Start Up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flashing Black Screen after Start Up: For the past few weeks, I've encountered this issue pretty much every time I log in. Everything works normally until the desktop starts loading, then both screens start flashing black and the taskbar appears and disappears. I can access the Task Manager via the shortcut or...
  10. Something flashing up on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Something flashing up on start up: How can I find out what's making this white box appear on my desktop on boot? It only appears for a split second, had to film it and pause the video when it came up. I don't see any text, just the white square. [img] 106563