Windows 10: Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

Discus and support Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andyouf, Aug 16, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

Hi,

I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes.

Anyone else see this occurrence or have any ideas?

:)

andyouf, Aug 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 update wont boot ,screen just flickers

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Does that mean you are able to access the desktop and the issue with the boot has fixed?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?
    If the boot issue has been fixed and you are now receiving a flickering screen, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12374/windows-10-troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

1. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Screen Flicker Boot

2. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  3. Screen Flickering after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Flickering after updates: My computer was perfectly fine until I updated it recently15th march and from then onwards my screen flickers occasionally I believe the following update is responsible for this and also I have tried resetting my display adapter in device manager which did not change anything...
  4. Windows 10 screen flicker after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen flicker after update: I updated my PC to the latest update and left it running all night on December 2, 2020. The next morning, I was still able to use my PC without a problem. Then I turned it off, as usual, to go to work and when I turned it on again after a few seconds, my screen instantly...
  5. Flicker on boot after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flicker on boot after update.: After any update from windows 10 I get this annoying flicker that leads to a slow boot and instability. Even connecting a controller via the small xbox adapter causes slow downs. Specs: Ryzen 2600x Sapphire 5700 xt 16gb of Corsair Vengeance CL16 ram X470 gaming plus mobo...
  6. Flickering screens after updates of Windows 10

Flickering screens after updates of Windows 10: I seem to always have flickering screens after I get an update to my computer of Windows 10. It is very annoying but I have found a solution to the problem. First my machine is set to automatic updating. I have two screens on the system, one is on the laptop and it is...
  7. Screen flickering after windows 10 update

Screen flickering after windows 10 update: Hi, Early January 2020, my PC updated to windows 10 since then my screen is flickering. I tried to uninstall and install display driver but it did not resolve the issue. I read an article to uninstall an app which might be reason but I am not sure which app to uninstall....
  8. Windows 10 screen flicker after update

Windows 10 screen flicker after update: I turned on my PC this morning and an update was applied. After it completed, the screen began flickering immediately at the Windows login screen. The flicker was happening in a way that it was impossible for me to enter login credentials. I decided to startup in safe...
  9. flickering screen after windows 10 updates

flickering screen after windows 10 updates: Hi I'm a HelpDesk support technician and I've seen this issue in at least 7 windows 10 desktops. The problem is active windows going black intermittently and sometimes the screen flickering and blinking. This issue started a about a month ago after windows updates was...
  10. Screen Flicker on Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mobike screen flicker.on boot