Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

Discus and support Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Desktop PC is a Emachine HDMI EL1360G-UW12P original windows was 7 Home Premium I upgraded to 8 the 8.1 and then 10 pro for free. Currently only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Jun 1, 2018.

1. renee1219 Win User

Desktop PC is a Emachine HDMI EL1360G-UW12P original windows was 7 Home Premium I upgraded to 8 the 8.1 and then 10 pro for free.

Currently only running 1 windows on PC which is the 10 pro.

Here is what happens.

(1) When I plug in or unplug something from the usb ports on the front of the pc the 32" LED hdtv I use currently as a monitor will flicker and make a sound.
    (2) When I am on facebook and scrolling down the page and there is a auto play video that starts it will make the screen flicker as I am scrolling. Sometimes a flicker or two and then I can keep scrolling.
    (3) If I open a folder to watch a video file form my PC and click on the file to play it in VLC I get a flicker each time I close and reopen the VLC player.

This is just very irritating as this happens a lot.

Dose anyone have any tips or ideas on how to fix this problem.

I do like the hdmi of the tv so I am using a hdmi cord to run from the pc to the tv and I am using the hdmi port number (1) there are 3 and also a vga port as well.

:)

renee1219, Jun 1, 2018
  2. SujataMoktan Win User

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Vanessa Sohtun Win User
    Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? - Similar Threads - Screen flickers black

1. Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue: Surface Pro 4 screen flicker Applies to: Surface Pro 4 Creating the best products and experiences for our customers is our top priority. We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are...
  2. igdkmd64.sys/ntoskrnl.exe BSOD & Black screen flickers

in Windows 10 Support
    igdkmd64.sys/ntoskrnl.exe BSOD & Black screen flickers: Hi, Recently after I sold my Gtx 1070 GPU and start to use i5 6500 integrated graphics Intel 530 on Windows 10, my PC is experiencing a few BSOD caused by driver igdkmd64.sys and caused by address ntoskrnl.exe. Besides getting BSOD or crash, my screen also flickers to...
  3. win 10 and gtx 970 flickering, black screens, horizontal green lines..

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 and gtx 970 flickering, black screens, horizontal green lines..: this is a copy paste (mine ofcourse) and will start a thread with it becouse i find this important.. ---------------- i want to share with you my bad experience with win10 and the gtx 970(zotac) ...maybe this can help you i bought my gtx970 used from the internet,...
  4. Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.: So here's how it all went down... This morning when I open the device manager, I saw that the display adapter, Intel HD Graphics 4000 had a yellow exclamation mark on it. When I clicked it, it saids Window had stopped the device from working(code 43). I fixed this problem...
  5. Windows 10 pro Black flickering screen problem!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro Black flickering screen problem!: Emachine windows 7 upgraded from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 pro. Had black flicker screen problem with the windows 10 pro previously. And had other issues as well with signing in to my microsoft games on my pc. So to fix the micrsoft pc games problem I removed everything from...
  6. Black screen, cursor flickering. Unable to start Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen, cursor flickering. Unable to start Windows: Hi, I updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10 few weeks ago. The update process went well, atleast it looked like it. After the update i started having weird freezing problems. It looked like that some process took 100% of my cpu but i was unable to see what process it was....
  7. Laptop screen flicker

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen flicker: Hello all, I noticed that the screen on my laptop flickers every now and then. when it does it, it looks like part of the image cuts out or is garbled. Really, it happens to fast to be able to tell for sure. Oddly enough, it seems to always be towards the bottom of the...
Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? solved