Windows 10: Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

Discus and support Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop PC is a Emachine HDMI EL1360G-UW12P original windows was 7 Home Premium I upgraded to 8 the 8.1 and then 10 pro for free. Currently only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Jun 1, 2018.

1. renee1219 Win User

Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

Desktop PC is a Emachine HDMI EL1360G-UW12P original windows was 7 Home Premium I upgraded to 8 the 8.1 and then 10 pro for free.

Currently only running 1 windows on PC which is the 10 pro.

Here is what happens.

(1) When I plug in or unplug something from the usb ports on the front of the pc the 32" LED hdtv I use currently as a monitor will flicker and make a sound.
    (2) When I am on facebook and scrolling down the page and there is a auto play video that starts it will make the screen flicker as I am scrolling. Sometimes a flicker or two and then I can keep scrolling.
    (3) If I open a folder to watch a video file form my PC and click on the file to play it in VLC I get a flicker each time I close and reopen the VLC player.

This is just very irritating as this happens a lot.

Dose anyone have any tips or ideas on how to fix this problem.

I do like the hdmi of the tv so I am using a hdmi cord to run from the pc to the tv and I am using the hdmi port number (1) there are 3 and also a vga port as well.

:)

renee1219, Jun 1, 2018
  2. SujataMoktan Win User

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Vanessa Sohtun Win User
    Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

1. Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? - Similar Threads - Screen flickers black

2. Can I get some help on user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I get some help on user accounts?: Hello. This thread will be a bundle of mistakes. But bear with my I need your help. Ok. So I wanted to play with some friends on xbox so I logged into my xbox account on my dad's computer. It changed the WHOLE windows account, all the files were still there. My dad told...
  3. Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!

in Windows 10 Support
    Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!: First of all, sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong thread. NOTE: i am using a samsung laptop. I was using Windows 10 for quite some time now but recently it started showing that my disk is at 100. Okay. I started a disk checkup and it got stuck at 12%. I restarted my...
  4. i keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    i keep getting black screen: the last two times I have been getting a black screen it says to close other programs but I cant do it any ideas? 24339
  5. Black screen on login! Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on login! Please help!: So.. I screwed up.. I used a small program called something like Windows 10 Login Background Changer (something along those lines) and when I restarted my computer, it never reached the login screen. I can move the mouse and open Magnifier (was pushing random controls),...
  6. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I...
  7. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...
  8. PLEASE HELP! black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE HELP! black screen: Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode...
  9. Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th....
  10. Black screen on asus laptop help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on asus laptop help please: Laptop running great but I plugged my camera in to upload photos. Message. Usb not recognized. I unplugged the camera and used another usb port. Now I have a black screen and no control. Suggestions? I am guessing the computer screen let the camera take over. 84175