Windows 10: Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

Discus and support Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Desktop PC is a Emachine HDMI EL1360G-UW12P original windows was 7 Home Premium I upgraded to 8 the 8.1 and then 10 pro for free. Currently only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Jun 1, 2018.

1. renee1219 Win User

Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

Desktop PC is a Emachine HDMI EL1360G-UW12P original windows was 7 Home Premium I upgraded to 8 the 8.1 and then 10 pro for free.

Currently only running 1 windows on PC which is the 10 pro.

Here is what happens.

(1) When I plug in or unplug something from the usb ports on the front of the pc the 32" LED hdtv I use currently as a monitor will flicker and make a sound.
    (2) When I am on facebook and scrolling down the page and there is a auto play video that starts it will make the screen flicker as I am scrolling. Sometimes a flicker or two and then I can keep scrolling.
    (3) If I open a folder to watch a video file form my PC and click on the file to play it in VLC I get a flicker each time I close and reopen the VLC player.

This is just very irritating as this happens a lot.

Dose anyone have any tips or ideas on how to fix this problem.

I do like the hdmi of the tv so I am using a hdmi cord to run from the pc to the tv and I am using the hdmi port number (1) there are 3 and also a vga port as well.

:)

renee1219, Jun 1, 2018

2. Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please?

1. Screen flickers black can I get some help fixing it please? - Similar Threads - Screen flickers black

2. Can I get some help fixing multiple issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get some help fixing multiple issues?: My new PC arrived Wednesday. I have had near constant issues with it since and been trying to resolve them to no success.Mostly it has been Blue Screen Error's: 50, 58, 3b, a.Occasionally the PC has been restarting on it's own even without Blue Screen errors.I have previously...
  3. Can I get some help fixing multiple issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get some help fixing multiple issues?: My new PC arrived Wednesday. I have had near constant issues with it since and been trying to resolve them to no success.Mostly it has been Blue Screen Error's: 50, 58, 3b, a.Occasionally the PC has been restarting on it's own even without Blue Screen errors.I have previously...
  4. can i get some help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i get some help: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-some-help/6528663c-f33c-4ba3-ab02-d2823f7e1a92
  5. Can I get some help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get some help?: Update Fails 0xC1900101. I have Windows 10 21h1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-some-help/b650d79c-c7e0-4650-b1b0-0f7c256ea5ac
  6. Can I get some help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get some help?: Update Fails 0xC1900101. I have Windows 10 21h1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-some-help/b650d79c-c7e0-4650-b1b0-0f7c256ea5ac
  7. Can I get some help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. hi there, can i please get some help with crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hi there, can i please get some help with crashing: Computer freezes, then crashes, and I am shown a BIOS screen upon reboot that the cpu was over temp. But, cpu was not over temp. I am watching and logging cpu temp always, and it never went over 75 ish. Event viewer says: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  9. Can I get some help please?

Can I get some help please?: For four years my windows has not worked right. Have yet to this day gotten any help. No one believes me and every one defends windows and blames me. It is not fair at all. Many different versions on many different computers and all have problems after problems. My biggest...
  10. Can I get some help please?

Can I get some help please?: For four years my windows has not worked right. Have yet to this day gotten any help. No one believes me and every one defends windows and blames me. It is not fair at all. Many different versions on many different computers and all have problems after problems. My biggest...