Windows 10: Screen freezes randomly

Discus and support Screen freezes randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since some months ago i´m getting random freezes no matter what im doing in the pc, playing, browsing the web or even when the pc is idle. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vitxu, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Vitxu Win User

Screen freezes randomly

Hello,

Since some months ago i´m getting random freezes no matter what im doing in the pc, playing, browsing the web or even when the pc is idle.
    I haven´t done any hadware changes except the graphics card that i upgraded a week ago, this didn´t change anything because i still getting the freezes.
    I runned WhoCrashed but it doesn´t give me any info cause the freezes don´t generate a dump.
    I would appreciate it if you could help me troubleshoot the problem.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Vitxu, Aug 19, 2017
  2. KES728 Win User

Windows 10 Update 1607 Causes Screen Freezing

My Windows 10 updated to version 1607 on Saturday and ever since my computer will randomly freeze. It has even randomly restarted twice. It's really annoying because I can't do anything without my screen freezing every 5 to 10 minutes. Is there a way to
    fix this or uninstall this version?

KES728, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Freezing

My laptop keeps on freezing. I had problem before but now I do. I recently installed windows 10 on my laptop. My screen freezes randomly please help.

VincentLe148, Aug 19, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Screen freezes randomly

Screen freezes randomly [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

5. Vitxu Win User
    Hi,
    So i have to let it running for 48h or wait until the crash happens, then if a freeze comes up what i have to do? Or if no crash detected is the test passed?
    Thanks in advance.

Vitxu, Aug 20, 2017
  6. Vitxu Win User
    Well It have been running for 10 hours but now a freeze has ocurred and its not bsod, what should i do now?

Vitxu, Aug 20, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Reboot the system and continue with driver verifier.

If you have anything overclocked, it is suggested to revert it back as it will cause problems while the system has stability problems.

8. Vitxu Win User

Screen freezes randomly

Okay thanks.
    No i have nothing overclocked.

Vitxu, Aug 20, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Make sure to fill in your specs, we'll need it.

10. Vitxu Win User
    Another freeze at 37 hours of running the test, no bsod, no dump, no error message.

Vitxu, Aug 21, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Boot into safe mode and see if a freeze occurs in safe mode.
    If a freeze occurs in safe mode, it is not related to any program installed or the GPU, so we can narrow it down to hardware and BIOS.

12. Vitxu Win User
    Should i stop the driver test?

Vitxu, Aug 21, 2017
  13. Vitxu Win User

Screen freezes randomly

How many time should be running in safe mode if there is no crash?

Vitxu, Aug 22, 2017
  14. Vitxu Win User
    24 hours running in safe mode without error or crashes.

Vitxu, Aug 22, 2017
  15. Vitxu Win User
    Going for 48h without crashes, seems to be good on safe mode.

Vitxu, Aug 23, 2017
Thema:

Screen freezes randomly

1. Screen freezes randomly - Similar Threads - Screen freezes randomly

2. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  3. RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES: Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if someone just turn off the laptop. But, it's not completely black. It's kinda glowy and I can't press anything to wake it up as...
  4. Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  5. Random screen freeze

Random screen freeze: Hello, I had bought an Lenovo laptop 2 years back and suddenly I have got an problem of random screen freeze due to which, I had even changed its disk to an ssd but that did not solve the problem and now whenever I on it it and open it it kust freeze in some second's but...
  6. Random screen freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random screen freezes: I have been having troubles with my Windows 10 laptop for the past few weeks. At completely random intervals, my screen will completely freeze, preventing me from moving my mouse or viewing any changes on my screen. However, my computer itself is still running; I can still...
  7. Random freezes and screen restarts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes and screen restarts: For the last month or so (maybe longer) I've been having this weird problem with my Windows 10 PC. My computer just randomly freezes and then the screen goes black and eventually turns back on like 30 seconds later. I have no idea why this is happening. It's not restarting...
  8. Random BSOD and screen freeze

Random BSOD and screen freeze: Hello everyone, how are you all doing? So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7.... It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen...
  9. random crashes and screen freezes

random crashes and screen freezes: need help troubleshooting my random crashes and screen freezes, i have to manually reboot sometimes to solve the issue or it will just auto restart see attached zip for the dump, thanks! 55188
  10. Random Screen freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Screen freezing: I see this issue has been discussed but my situation seems to be different. I have random freezing of the screen on my PC which requires a restart to clear. I have always assembled my own PC so refer to my system build at the tab below. I have run the Mem86 test and with 8...