Windows 10: Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

Discus and support Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Video of problem: http://s1.webmshare.com/6MNZE.webm Searching about the issue online, it seems that this can be caused by norton or iCloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JotaroKujo, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

Video of problem: http://s1.webmshare.com/6MNZE.webm

Searching about the issue online, it seems that this can be caused by norton or iCloud software, or two Microsoft background services that you have to disable in MSconfig to stop the screen flashing. I don't have norton or iCloud, and I disabled the two services. Still happening. Can't find anything else online that mentions how to fix this. Also apparently for most people the flashing doesn't start until they've reached the desktop already, whereas for me it starts before I can even do anything. PC completely unusable.

:)

JotaroKujo, Sep 13, 2015

2. [HELP] booting n900 crashes still after multiple re-flashes

Yes, I have flashed the os first. The device didn't restart after the os flash and I flashed the vanilla immeditely after the os flash.

However, I now noticed, that the phone may actually try to restart DURING the vanilla flash. When I start the vanilla flash, the flasher doesn't immediately find my n900, it waits for about 5 seconds. When the flasher finds the phone, the usb logo actually
    vanishes from the upper right corner of the screen ( I hadn't previously noticed this, but it must have happened every time I have flashed the emmc). When the flasher is done, the phone's screen is stuck into showing four dots, the second one from the left
    being highlighted.

Previously I thought these dots were part of the flashing operation and would for some reason always freeze on the same position. But now it looks that when the flashing starts, the phone reboots and gets to the dots screen, before freezing. The freezing
    happens when the flasher is at [init 20&] . After that the flasher starts writing, but the dots stay frozen. The dots stay on the screen even after the flash is complete and the usb cable removed (if -R command is not issued).

Is it normal, that the phone tries to boot during the vanilla flash? I remember seeing a video where the phone behaved like mine, but the flash was succesful.

Pantokrator---01, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Black Screen with Flashing Cursor Windows 10

Hello!

I updated to Windows 10 and am having issue where black screen with a flashing cursor appears during start up. I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and it will reboot back into the same black screen with flashing cursor 3 times in a row, however on the 4th Ctrl + Alt
    + Del sequence it will successfully boot into Windows 10. It consistently requires this 4 Ctrl + Alt + Del restart into windows.

OS works great when I finally get into it but its really annoying to have to start a PC this way. Any ideas???

Steve

Steve BamBam, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Prithvi Win User

Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

Just throwing this in...

Just by chance, Did you disable GUI Boot(checked "No GUI boot" option) or select maximum memory and max. no. of processors manually(Advanced options) in the 'Boot' tab in MSCONFIG?

'Cause, that is exactly what I saw on my screen after making those changes and re-booting. I ended up doing a 'Reset' from advanced startup.

Prithvi, Sep 13, 2015
  5. No, I haven't altered those settings. Thanks for the reply anyway.

JotaroKujo, Sep 13, 2015
  6. I've reinstalled drivers and when monitor is plugged into motherboard on board graphics it doesn't seem to happen.

Also it's stopped happening on boot now, and only seems to happen when woken from sleep

JotaroKujo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

1. Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable - Similar Threads - Screen gets stuck

2. My PC gets stuck during booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC gets stuck during booting: /When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off and unplug the mouse and keyboard, it finally boots to the main windows screen. My second issue is that the last update will...
  3. My PC gets stuck during booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC gets stuck during booting: /When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off and unplug the mouse and keyboard, it finally boots to the main windows screen. My second issue is that the last update will...
  4. Pc stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on boot screen: I was updating drivers yesterday on my pc and when I went to restart my pc to apply updates it never got past the boot screen. I have tried to restart it several times to no avail. Also tried to restore to a previous point but just get an error. Also tried resting my pc and...
  5. Pc stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck on boot screen: I was updating drivers yesterday on my pc and when I went to restart my pc to apply updates it never got past the boot screen. I have tried to restart it several times to no avail. Also tried to restore to a previous point but just get an error. Also tried resting my pc and...
  6. Pc stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc stuck on boot screen: I just recently bought a new pc and it was working fine until a few weeks ago it gets stuck on the boot screen with the Gigabyte logo. The options for BIOS boot menu and Q-flash are unresponsive and I usually takes a few hours for my pc to boot. Other cases when i turn on my...
  7. PC boots to flashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC boots to flashing blue screen: [IMG]Flahses from this to an identical blue screen withiut the date and time. Not sure what to do. You can move the cursor but clicking and using the keyboard seems to do nothing...
  8. Stuck in a BSOD boot loop rendering PC unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a BSOD boot loop rendering PC unusable: So I built my own PC back in July, I7 6700k 4.00ghz RAM Corsair Vengeance LPK 16gb (2x8gb) Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD GTX 1660TI 6gb Samsung 250gb SSD And after running perfectly for a month and a half i am now stuck in an endless blue screen error reboot loop that...
  9. During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting": Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. It has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claims to have completed it successfully. J 80364
  10. Screen Flashes Once during Boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flashes Once during Boot.: its kinda hard to explain. but every time i reboot. there brightness changes for a while. ( few seconds then go back again ) as seen in the video. the issue start when i try to format the notebook ( clean the drive ) then its stuck at 30%. after that i forced restart the...