Windows 10: Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

Discus and support Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently. The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SMalik, Sep 23, 2016.

1. SMalik Win User

Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

Hi,

This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently.

The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and comes back and it is quite annoying at times.

My PC: Lenovo c260
    CPU: J2900
    Ram: 4 GB
    Graphics: Intel HD

1. Tried reinstalling the display drivers
    2. Tried reverting back to old display drivers
    3. Tried upgrading to latest display drivers (currently)

This does not happen to my laptops which also have been upgraded to the latest anniversary upgrade of Windows 10.

Does this have something to do with LENOVO or this particular model that Microsoft is having issues with?

Someone else in a similar boat, please post about it.

Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Malik

:)

SMalik, Sep 23, 2016

2. Laptop won't work after restarting.

I do not get any error message. But, when I restart the computer it shows the windows 10 sign. After that, it shows a boundary of an open windows and goes back to a black screen where no light is coming. After a few seconds, it there is a black light on
    the screen.

RamanDikshant, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10, screen goes black a few seconds every day

Hi,

The screen issue usually occurs due to the following reasons:

• Hardware failure
    • Corrupted/incompatible hardware driver
    • Corrupted/incomplete Windows updates

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know if were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?

Meanwhile, please boot your computer in safe mode for us to troubleshoot the issue.

Note: Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi your PC should run Win 10 (as of Jly 2015 that is).
    Windows 10 Upgrade July 2015 / Version 1507 - Supported System List - Lenovo Support (US)

Basics:
    a. Does this happen after a clean boot?
    b. If it does, does it happen in Safe Mode?

Other than your graphics driver, are all drivers as provided by Windows?

What is your current build level?
    Windows key + R, winver

See
    Help: Random black screen with PC running (Windows 10 + GTX760) - windows 10 - Windows 10
    - from about the 7th or 8th post onwards

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. SMalik Win User
    Hi,

a. Yes it does happen after a clean boot.
    b. Yes, it also happens in Safe Mode.

All drivers other than Graphics are supplied by their original manufacturers.

Windows version: Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187)

Thank you. I will check out the links.

Do you believe it is my Windows version number, since it only started happening after a recent upgrade. This latest upgrade took around 40 minutes to finish, so I am assuming this one was the recent anniversary update, everyone is shouting about on the internet.

SMalik, Sep 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    The latest update was large one, KB3189866, one of the updates post the AU. You say this happened after the AU, which was before that, starting from Aug 2nd and continuing even now.

That would seem to rule out 3rd party programs, scheduled tasks, your graphics driver.

I'd suggest what you try as an experiment is this:
    Download and create a bootable medium from this (it's a useful thing to have available for problem solving anyway):
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Boot from that. If you still have the same symptom, this suggests hardware.

Otherwise, if you believe this to be AU related, you could revert to build 1511. However, this would be a clean install unless you are in the excellent habit of using disk imaging - strongly recommended here to allow reversion to a working state + a full backup- and have images of your 1511 configuration.

You could use disk imaging to save your current configuration, then install 1511 for trial purposes (or a clean install of 1607) and see if you still have the same issue. If so, then you are either experiencing OS corruption or the effect of something installed,

Another approach may be to check the Lenovo forum.

Turning to your drivers- you say these are manufacturer's drivers.. implying you have manually installed these.
    In Windows 10, Wndows manages all your PC drivers.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  3. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  4. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  6. At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200 Radeon Vega 11 Graphics/current drivers Dell SE2717H 1080p 1920x1080 @60Hz using HDMI At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds...
  7. random black screen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random black screen for a few seconds: As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and...
  8. My screen goes all black for few seconds and it comes back to normal, very randomly.

My screen goes all black for few seconds and it comes back to normal, very randomly.: Hi, In my friend's PC: The screen goes black for few seconds and it goes back to normal, in a very random way. This is his build: i5 9600k, Z390 Aorus Pro, 2x8 GSkill 3200 and no GPU (uhd 630). He tried stress test, a different GPU (rx580), a different PSU, different...
  9. Screen Goes Black for a Long Time Then flicks back for a few seconds

Screen Goes Black for a Long Time Then flicks back for a few seconds: Hey Users! I come to this subreddit in a time of need. I started up my PC yesterday and wanted to play MW2, But after a few missions, the game crashed and the screen went black for about 3 Minutes and popped up an error (forgot to read). I turned off my computer and turned...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black for a few seconds: Occasionally my PC goes all black for several seconds (and for not logical reason) after update to Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. BillyS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen goes black for a few seconds

2. windows 10 screen goes black randomly

3. screen goes black randomly windows 10

4. black screen windows 10 seconds,
  5. WINDOWS 10 SCREEN comes back on after 30 seconds,
  6. screen goes black for few seconds randomly,
  7. windows 10 goes to black screen randomly,
  8. monitor goes black after few seconds and comes back,
  9. Windows 10 screen come on for a few seconds and then goes balck,
  10. when scrolling screen goes black for a few seconds,
  11. phone randomly blackscreens for seconds,