Windows 10: screen goes black in win 10 when laptop is plugged off and on battery

Discus and support screen goes black in win 10 when laptop is plugged off and on battery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Asus x54H screen goes black in win 10 when laptop is plugged off and on battery 36119 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erezlot, Jan 2, 2016.

1. erezlot Win User

screen goes black in win 10 when laptop is plugged off and on battery

Asus x54H

:)

erezlot, Jan 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Reverse Dimming

Yet another fault with Windows 10.

If I start my laptop with the power supply plugged in the screen is on maximum brightness and dims correctly if unplugged and goes to battery.

Do the opposite and start it on battery then plug in the charger it goes virtually black. The only solution is to slide the screen brightness to minimum before plugging in, then it is fully bright when plugged in. 100's of posts on blogs with others having
    exactly the same problem.

When will this be fixed??

JeremyWoolger, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Laptop display goes black after booting at longin screen

It is an ASUS n71Jq. As it is a laptop, the use of fixes that only apply to desktops doesn't apply here. The drivers that are currently installed work fine as long as the power cord is plugged in and attached. The problem occurs only when it is running on
    battery. Even in the fully charged state, when the power cord is disconnected from the laptop and it goes onto battery, the screen goes black. Plug it back in and the display appears again.

I changed out the old battery (had same problem) assuming it may be too old. New battery does the same thing. Any setting in Win 10 that might cause this that I can't see? This did not occur while under Windows 7 Pro.

Elderhogfather, Jan 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

When does that happen, immediately or after some time ?
    Did you check Power Options and Screen saver ? There are separate settings for when it's plugged in and when running on battery only.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2016
  5. erezlot Win User
    it was power setting
    problem solved
    thank you

erezlot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. screen goes black in win 10 when laptop is plugged off and on battery - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  3. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  4. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  5. screen goes black on win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black on win 10: my pc screen has been going black once every few hours, when it goes black my monitor shows no signal, when this happens ive noticed that my pc fans seem to get louder, ive tried reconnecting my monitor but it doesnt seem to work, ive reinstalled my graphic drivers and after...
  6. screen goes black on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black on win 10: my pc screen has been going black once every few hours, when it goes black my monitor shows no signal, when this happens ive noticed that my pc fans seem to get louder, ive tried reconnecting my monitor but it doesnt seem to work, ive reinstalled my graphic drivers and after...
  7. screen goes black on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. screen goes black when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  9. screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen goes black for a second when i plug it in: whenever i put the power plug into my laptop the screen goes black for a second. same for if i unplug it. its a brand new ASUS gaming laptop ive had for maybe a month. is this something i should be worried about? submitted by /u/Bougal_Dougal [link] [comments]...
  10. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in: In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen going black when charger not plugged in windows 10

2. asus x54h black screen when charger off regdit

3. screen goes black when plugged in windows 10

4. solve asus windows 10 black out when power plugged in