Windows 10: screen goes black on login

Discus and support screen goes black on login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer it logs into one of my two users, but when it does the screen goes black and nothing happens. It has been like this for 2-3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aslakk, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Aslakk Win User

screen goes black on login

When I turn on my computer it logs into one of my two users, but when it does the screen goes black and nothing happens. It has been like this for 2-3 days now and I don't know what to do.

Sorry for my bad english.

:)

Aslakk, Nov 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 black screen after restart

we started having issues with the black screen after the windows up date last night, every time we use restart we get the windows window and it goes to black screen

now we can do a manual open with power button that shows no black screen and goes to login screen, ****

JamesWatkins84, Nov 13, 2016
  3. DColbyjr Win User
    Black screen after windows login

After recent Update, Windows 10 goes through login sequence, then goes to black screen, which occasionally flashes icons at bottom. Occasionally will flash icons on desktop, then they disappear and back to black screen. Trying F8 or F12 on startup does
    not go to diagnostics menu.

DColbyjr, Nov 13, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

There are several potential causes for this kind of problem, of which the most likely is something funny or broken with your graphics driver. Thus, Windows may be working (do you see any disk activity lights even when the screen is black? If so, that means Windows is continuing to do *something* even though you can't see what it is). Check out this Windows 10 tutorial Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and see if you can boot your system using alternate repair or recovery media. If so, you may be able to perform a "safe boot" of your PC and attempt repairs from there. You'll find lots of tutorials and information here on how to proceed. In particular this thread covers most of the discussion and activiites you'll need to undertake to diagnose and fix this kind of problem: Solved Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen - Windows 10 Forums.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 13, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you were able to address your problem. It can be pretty scary to try to start Windows and wind up with a big, blank screen instead! Good job,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. screen goes black on login - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black: My screen goes black only when I move my cursor to certain spots on the screen, these spots change randomly for ex if I restart or if I open something, it just changes.I have tried updating my display driver, or using win+ctrl+shift+b or even using power troubleshoot, none of...
  3. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black: Hi recently when i opened a game and started playing, screen went black showing no signal and after few seconds came back to normal.. 3rd time this happened screen goes black and system restarted itself. There was an error code in event viewer shown below,"The computer has...
  4. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black: Hi recently when i opened a game and started playing, screen went black showing no signal and after few seconds came back to normal.. 3rd time this happened screen goes black and system restarted itself. There was an error code in event viewer shown below,"The computer has...
  5. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  6. Screen goes to black . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes to black . . .: My computer runs, Windows 10.There's one setting, I don't know how to change?After about, 30 seconds. My screen goes to black.When I move my mouse, it comes back on.But, it goes to the login screen. When it comes, back on?And, I have to put in my password. And, I don't want...
  7. Screen goes black after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after login.: What should I do? After login there is just a black screen. I can see my mouse pointer though.after I press alt+ctrl+del and open task manager and create a new task explorer it doesnt work.I can browse through all the files by using the browse option.This happened after an...
  8. Screen goes black after login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after login.: What should I do? After login there is just a black screen. I can see my mouse pointer though.after I press alt+ctrl+del and open task manager and create a new task explorer it doesnt work.I can browse through all the files by using the browse option.This happened after an...
  9. Screen goes black after login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Screen goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black: I am using Windows 10, my setup is running the most recent windows update, and I keep my system safe with up to date Norton360. But I am pretty computer illiterate. So I ask with the utter most sincerity to simplify as much as you can. I've been having a reoccurring problem...