Windows 10: Screen goes blank/black after start up

Discus and support Screen goes blank/black after start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Upon start up of my PC (Windows 10) it loads up then the screen goes blank, like its in sleep mode, no mouse nothing, if I turn the monitor on and off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CarbonViper, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Screen goes blank/black after start up

Upon start up of my PC (Windows 10) it loads up then the screen goes blank, like its in sleep mode, no mouse nothing, if I turn the monitor on and off, the screen appears for a second or two then disappears again.
    I tried restarting in safe to check drivers but it does exactly the same thing here. In safe mode however, under monitors Generic PNP Monitor has the Yellow Exclamation mark indicating an issue. I have tried uninstalling this and also my graphics drivers and it seemed to work for the first time. Next day I turned on my PC again and the same thing is happening. I have to constantly turn on and off my monitor so I can navigate to the relevant areas to uninstall drivers etc.
    I have tried a Google search but everything I have read has said something about having a mouse pointer on a blank screen but I do not even have that.
    I did try a fresh install of Windows 10 but that did not solve the problem, so based on that I'm guessing its a hardware issue, not a software issue.
    My graphics are built in, not a separate card which the driver for this is labelled Intel HD(R) Graphics.
    Unfortunately I do not have access to another monitor to check to see if the monitor is faulty.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice I would be hugely grateful.

:)

CarbonViper, Oct 13, 2015

2. moneypoint failing to open

Have attempted start from start menu, all apps, and short cut. all failed.

tried to reset cache RUN WINDOW just brings up a blank black screen which goes off after a few mins

No luck.

roysmithok, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Black screen after update to windows 10 1703 - Lenovo T460s, intel Hd520

I connect my lenovo t460s (intel hd520) to thinkpad pro dock and set up multiple monitors. When I remove my notebook from the dock, it displays properly on the notebook. When I restart my notebook, the screen goes blank after bootup options. No Windows
    logo or spinning circles appear. It only started to happen after update from 1607 to 1703. If I turn off my notebook and then turn it on again, the Picture is displayed and Windows starts normally. BTW, when screen goes black it is not turned off or on standby.
    It is turned on, but with black Picture.

Matija Benčina, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Screen goes blank/black after start up

1. Screen goes blank/black after start up - Similar Threads - Screen goes blank

2. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  3. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  4. Black Screen after Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...
  5. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  6. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  7. start screen goes black

in Cortana
    start screen goes black: I just installed the latest update, Windows 10, 1903 (KB4512941). My start screen appears but when I type in a command, such as "disk cleanup", it goes black and will not respond. Same for the search bar. Using system restore, I went back to the previous version and all...
  8. Failed start up on black blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed start up on black blank screen: I restarted my Hp laptop 14 after it prompted me to after the update. Now my laptop is stuck on a black blank screen. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-start-up-on-black-blank-screen/d93cf82d-77c7-410c-ab0a-a3cb2056309c
  9. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754