Windows 10: Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on

Discus and support Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had this computer for about seven months now. A Dell inspiron 17 5000. Now this has happened to me three times, once months ago and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cosmicfirefly, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on

I have had this computer for about seven months now. A Dell inspiron 17 5000.

Now this has happened to me three times, once months ago and then it didn't happen until twice this little. The first time I was away for I think 30 minutes. Came back and how to push the start button like one would have too if the computer was asleep and the second time again 30 minutes to take a shower and the screen was blank but came on when I moved my mouse.

Here's the thing I do not have them set to turn off when I am away like the time I was away for an hour and it was still on.

I am taking it to be looked at. But I do not know if this is a computer thing or a windows ten thing.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had that same experience.

And notice their storage usage decreases on its own?

:)

cosmicfirefly, Aug 26, 2016

2. N85 Power Saver display

Interesting problem.. I've been trying to force my phone to turn blank after a certain period , but the screen saver just never goes away (a waste of battery when you're sleeping really).

frank21721, Aug 26, 2016
  3. guilliome Win User
    Nokia 81 goes blank and does not show screensaver

The same problem.

Tried turn off Sleep Mode, Active standby mode and turn it on.. nothing help.

In Settings, Display i notice a setting for screensaver timeout from 5 sec to 90, but i need screensaver works all time, while N81 in sleep mode - as on all other phones.

the button "Lock" (near Power button) - when i use it (slide is close) the screen turns blank in less than 1 minute. If i set block to off, clock and date appears but only for a minute and then again - blank.. Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on :(

firmware the latest version.

As i read on other sites and forums - many users of N81 have this problem with "screensaver goes blank".

When Nokia make a solve? its a little and only one problem on this smartphone, but its realy nervous Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on :(

All other features on N81 is great! Love this 'buddy'!

Best regards.

Message Edited by on 03-May-2008 05:28 PM

guilliome, Aug 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on

Hi cosmicfirefly,

What are your power option settings for the display?

5. I have it on I think the dell setting where it automatically balances performance with energy on consumption on capable hardware.

I'm not very tech savvy and neither is my family save my aunt but she lives hours away.

cosmicfirefly, Aug 26, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Could you tell me what the settings for the display are please.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on

1. Screen goes blank when away when screensaver and sleep not turned on - Similar Threads - Screen goes blank

2. Blue screen when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when computer goes to sleep: Hello,We have a user that has their screens go blue when she leaves and the computer goes to sleep. Clicking or hitting a single button on the keyboard doesn't work. The only was for her to get back to the main login screen is hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete. When she leaves for...
  3. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  4. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  5. Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep: My system is set to a 5 minutes screen sleep time, so when the screen is ideal for 5 minutes it sleeps. Every time the screen sleeps a ticking sound keep on coming until I wake it up. The sound is like the one similar to "mobile phone's camera trying to focus and taking...
  6. Blue screen when the system goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when the system goes to sleep: Whenever laptop goes to sleep mode, Blue screen comes up. Any help appreciated.Debugging Details:------------------*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sysKEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec Value: 4421 Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisManager Value: Create...
  7. Screen monitor goes to sleep when computer turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen monitor goes to sleep when computer turned on: I have an HP monitor. Lately, when I turn on my computer the monitor is black, then shows "Monitor going to sleep" and never wakes up. I have the settings for the monitor to 'never' go to sleep, however, something's going on that keeps doing it. I don't see anything else...
  8. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  9. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  10. Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in screen sleeps into blank screensaver since update...?: My login screen for Win10 sleeps into a screensaver blank screen since a major update a few days ago. How can I adjust settings for that? 98694